• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

ATL/DEN/CLE Trade Proposal

Traceman

I read that DEN and CLE are contemplating a Watson for Gooden trade. In addition, I read earlier that BK turned down a Nene/Watson for Al deal because he didn't want Watson's contract and preferred multiple picks instead. Well how about this?

Al to DEN, Watson to CLE, Nene/Gooden to us.

Denver does it because they need another PF due to Nene's and K-Mart's injuries. In addition, when K-Mart does come back, Al can play alongside him whereas Gooden probably can't.

CLE does it because they need help at PG with Hughes out. Snow and Jones simply aren't getting it done. My only question is will they really trade Gooden without getting a PF in return? Varejao has been playing well but is he ready for the playoffs?

We do it because it gives us first dibs at resigning two quality young big men. Neither is All Star caliber but both are solid and we likely won't have to overpay for either of them due to the fact that teams will assume we will match any offers after making the trade. I think we could realistically sign both for a total of $13M a season to start versus paying Al probably $9M a season to start. Next year, we line up:

Nene/Zaza

Gooden/Smoove

Marvin/Chillz

JJ/Salim

Ivey/Lue

plus our lottery pick. The deal works on Real GM's trade checker:

Atlanta Trade Breakdown

Outgoing

Al Harrington

6-9 SF from St. Patrick's (HS)

18.5 ppg, 7.0 rpg, 3.0 apg in 36.8 minutes

Incoming

Drew Gooden

6-10 PF from Kansas

10.8 ppg, 8.8 rpg, 0.8 apg in 27.7 minutes

Nene Hilario

6-11 PF from Brazil (Foreign)

0.0 ppg, 0.0 rpg, 0.0 apg in 2.0 minutes

Change in team outlook: -7.7 ppg, +1.8 rpg, and -2.2 apg.

Cleveland Trade Breakdown

Outgoing

Drew Gooden

6-10 PF from Kansas

10.8 ppg, 8.8 rpg, 0.8 apg in 27.7 minutes

Incoming

Earl Watson

6-1 PG from UCLA

7.8 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 3.5 apg in 21.8 minutes

Change in team outlook: -3.0 ppg, -7.0 rpg, and +2.7 apg.

Denver Trade Breakdown

Outgoing

Earl Watson

6-1 PG from UCLA

7.8 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 3.5 apg in 21.8 minutes

Nene Hilario

6-11 PF from Brazil (Foreign)

0.0 ppg, 0.0 rpg, 0.0 apg in 2.0 minutes

Incoming

Al Harrington

6-9 SF from St. Patrick's (HS)

18.5 ppg, 7.0 rpg, 3.0 apg in 36.8 minutes

Change in team outlook: +10.7 ppg, +5.2 rpg, and -0.5 apg.

Successful Scenario

Due to Cleveland and Denver being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Cleveland and Denver had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Trade ID

Every trade made by fans is allocated a unique Trade ID which you can share with friends and fellow basketball fans to allow them to see your trade scenario. The Trade ID for this scenario is 2959936.

THOUGHTS???????

...I don't know what and whom, but BK is usually his quietest when something is about to happen.

I'm not a big fan of Gooden. There's a reason he has been dealt by two teams now and is looking to be dealt by his third team. The word on him in Memphis is that he is simply a hard guy to get along with. Plus, I think he's very weak defensively.

I still think Chicago may be the team to deal with, considering that they have a draft pick they will likely be willing to give up in a deal. I just don't know who else the deal will include. I'm sure Billy will want Ben Gordon, but I'm not sure Chicago will budge on that. If Chris Duhon agreed to the trade, I could see a Duhon/Sweetney/1st round pick with Piatkowski thrown in for salary purposes for Al Harrington deal done. Harrington would give the Bulls the low post scoring they need to make a playoff run. Atlanta would get a borderline starting point guard in Duhon, a first round pick, and a guy who could eventually be moved down the road in Sweetney.

My questions about Nene are still the same, and they're big ones. The first obviously has to do with his health, and his rehab. He didn't incur just a small injury back in November- he basically destroyed his right knee, with a complete tear of the anterior cruciate ligament, a complete tear of the lateral meniscus ligament, and a partial tear of the medial collateral ligament- so that's two completely severed ligaments, and a partially severed one. This, after he severely sprained his left knee last March. So here's a player that's had very recent and major problem with both knees, and there's no telling how successfully he'll be able to come back from that, there's no telling when, and there's no telling if he'll ever be the same player again. In fact there are a lot of doubts. So, IMO that makes trading for him a big, big risk.

The second question has to do with his pending FA status. I know he's a free-agent after this season, but am still not clear as to whether he's a restricted free-agent or an unrestricted one- and how those scenarios would fit in if we were to trade for him.

Quote:

...I don't know what and whom, but BK is usually his quietest when something is about to happen.

I think you may be right KB...I heard a trainer on the radio the other day explaining that the knee analysis that Al went in for recently was simply a followup and was not "trade related"...being a conspiracy buff/realist I immediately thought he was probably lying.

It seems kind of logical to me that if Al's been a team guy (buisiness-wise) they should go ahead and move him and let him gel with a new team for a playoff run.

We might not get immediate help in the paint tho...

Quote:

I hate Duke and all things related to it, but Duhon would be a great fit for our team.

Now i have to go throw up.

You captured my feelings precisely.

a huge Duhon fan. He is a solid PG with a reasonable contract but he is more of a solid backup than a starter in this league in my opinion. Unless CHI gave us an unprotected pick in a deal for Duhon, I'd pass.

As for Gooden, I don't know about that dude either but even if he doesn't work out here, he will have trade value. I do think he possesses some skills that we can use, particularly rebounding.

Nene, would be a risk as well. Who knows how he will recover from the knee surgery? That said, I think the knee surgery will certainly make signing him at a reasonable price easier. If he were healthy right now, he'd be looking at Chandler/Dalembert money at least.

Bottom line, we need size and I don't think we will get any NBA caliber bigs out of the draft unless we land Aldridge.