• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Could be worth keeping an eye on

Admin

Corey Maggette has now been cleared to resume light drills and while there is no timetable given for his return, you have to assume it could be within a few weeks at the most. It seems that BK really likes him and would move Al for him if the opportunity presented itself so it could be worth keeping an eye on. His talent is enormous but he does have some injury problems. He would be a great guy to partner up with JJ as he can handle the ball pretty well and would allow JJ to play more at the point.

Why would they want Al over Maggette? They have Brand and Kamen to man the post, but need a slasher to go along with Mobley (a shooter) at the wings. Maggette can drive to the hoop so he is a much better fit for them.

Plus they already have one guy with an ending contract now in Radmonovic.

how do we know that BK likes him? Just curious. Because if it's based on past trade rumors from this year, BK said it's basically been people calling him, and him saying he's not interested.

Not an ideal trade by any means, but I would be fine with getting him, because it is a talent upgrade, and at worst he is highly tradable with a reasonable contract.

I would rather find a bigger guy or a point, as this would truly force JJ to the point, which is not ideal in my mind.

JJ/Lue/Ivey

Maggette/Salim

Marvin/Chill

Smith/Batista

Zaza/

with the draft and FA to add some beef down low. Talent wise I like it, but I'm not sure that you want JJ bringing up the ball in the clutch.

Interesting prospect though

Quote:

What is the difference between this trade and the one I just proposed for J.R. Smith..other than that with Smith we also get Claxton.

at least in this one you get an established star who can be counted on to score. Plus you're not acquiring an unrestricted free agent who can bail. It's not much better in terms of fitting needs though.