• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Al for Magloire?!?

Nicholasp27

Mags may be on the trading block as bucks don't wanna pony up the big bucks next summer for him with bogut and gadz in the lineup

so what about al for mags?

we then use our pick to select rondo or best point available and bring over david andersen

if we can get a good true point to mentor rondo and start until he's ready, then all the better

rondo/ivey

jj/chill/slim

marvin/chill/donta

smoove/andersen/batman

mags/zaza/andersen

even if we don't wanna resign mags, this gives us a greater shot at playoffs next year so that we can give the suns our pick and it won't be in the lotto

this makes the trade for jj even better and hopefully we could keep mags long term, tho if he gets offered a max contract we prolly wouldn't do that

would u trade al for him?

would u trade al for him even if u know he will get a max contract in 2007 summer and we will not match?

i'd say yes to both

we get him for 1.5 years and make playoffs next year, which is good...and then we can trade/snt mags for someone else in 2007

so we get back someone who can help our team and still be a tradeable asset

• Admin

I would do the trade in a heartbeat. I still want a point guard more but its hard to pass up on a center of Magloire's quality.

Would Delk and Childress thrown in get us Ford?

Al would be the Bucks PF but he could be a nice fit for them with Redd and Simmons on the wings.

I was surprised to read the rumors that Pryz was mentioned in a trade to Denver for Nene. If Portland is trying to get cap space what about getting into the Portland/NY talk. Could we offer Harrington to Portland and get back Jack, J. Butler and Patterson (who would then be waived). I don't know if Jack is on the block because most Blazer posters love the guy and are wanting to deal Telfair instead (who BK will have no interest in). I would love to see Jack here and we know BK tried to obtain a late 1st rounder to draft Jack. Thoughts?

they can if we are winning and in the playoffs

they can go over the cap to re-sign their own

if we get rondo in the draft and al for mags and rondo/jj/marvin/smoove/mags with chill/slim/zaza/ivey off the bench is a playoff team who could seriously contend with more time and experience and maybe a few key vets here and there, and the city has embraced them and attendance is up, then i could see the owners ponying up to go above the cap to keep the team in place

if they still can't make the playoffs, then we'll see mags traded next summer

Magloire is intriguing for sure. He definitely is an excellent rebounder but is he really a good interior defender? He is not much of a shotblocker, but does he really play good solid man-up defense on the interior? With his previous injuries does he still have enough mobility to be a defensive force?

That is what I am worried about. If he is not a good defender then there is no point in trading for him even if he can rebound very well. I have read that his lack of passing and recognition skills can kill the Bucks offensive motion. Since he is limited in this manner offensively, then the only way I would want him - especially for anything resembling max money - is if he is a real honest to goodness lock down interior defender. Meaning he is a top 10 defensive center (although I am not sure that means much).

Otherwise he might not be a fit and the Hawks are better off pursuing options that fit better with the team.