• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

If the Knicks get...

Diesel

• Premium Member

ource close to the participants in the talks told me late Tuesday night that New York and Minnesota are in serious discussions about a deal which would send Kevin Garnett to the Knicks in exchange for Penny Hardaway and Channing Frye. Isiah Thomas, who has called Frye untouchable all season, is willing to give up the sought after rookie to land the future Hall of Famer.

Garnett has made it clear to the front office that should he be dealt, he wants to go to New York and that wish will be fulfilled if the Timberwolves decide to end the KG era and begin to rebuild. They reportedly respect Garnett and all that he has done for both the franchise and the area and would try to trade him to his preferred team.

The question of if the Wolves want to move on without Garnett will be the deciding factor in whether a trade gets completed before Thursday.

• Moderators

Minny would be fools to trade KG for Frye and Marbury. That team would suck - much like the Knicks do now.

NY would drastically improve. Isiah should do whatever he can to make this happen. I can't believe it will, though.

....being can possibly make up.

The deal with Francis going to New York was never centered around Taylor and Crawford going to Orlando. Orlando wanted Penny Hardaway's ending contract.

Plus, Kevin Garnett was never going to be dealt to New York.

The deal was made. Penny Hardaway and Trevor Ariza for Steve Francis.

Isiah is an idiot. Steve Francis and Stephon Marbury will never be able to coexist in the same back court. New York now has so much money locked up into players long term that they will won't get any better anytime soon.

This is why Isiah is the worst GM in the NBA.

Well in defense of Diesel, the NY media (everyone from the Post to the Times and the news casters) said yesterday that the deal would involve Crawford, Taylor and Ariza. Obviously that is not the deal that was made, and I certaintly can't blame Orlando for not wanting Crawford's contract as it is grossly disproportionate with his value as a player.

In the end though, Isiah is an idiot.

I wonder if Minnesota would consider something like this.

Frye

J.Rose

Franchise

N.Robinson

D.Lee

for...

KG

Jaric

Blount

Hudson

NY gets KG and some overpaid vets. Minnesota gets Francis, a ton of young talent & cap relief when Rose's contract expires after the '06-'07 season. Salary trade-off would be there at rougly 36.2 mil for NY and 36.7 for Minnsota.

If NY then does a M.Taylor&Picks swap for Al, the Knicks line-up would look like...

Curry/Blount/James

KG/J.Williams

Harrington/M.Rose

Jaric/Q.Rich

Marbury/Crawford/Hudson