• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Take a chance on Stro?

ATL_BALLER

From ESPN

Stromile Swift, Rockets: If you're willing to swallow the remaining four years on his deal to take a chance on his athleticism, I've got good news: It won't cost you much. Not after Swift's failure to adjust to Jeff Van Gundy's system in Houston, especially defensively. Still, if I was an open-court team that needed a shot blocker, this is one roll of the dice I might take. And naysayers, consider this: Swift has been awfully productive for a disappointment -- he is averaging 17.3 points per 40 minutes and shooting 48.0 percent.

I know he's got the fat contract, but I think he could be productive as a power power player for us. I'm not sure if BK was outbid for him last summer, or simply wasn't interested, but the fact is, that in right system, he could flourish.

Thoughts?

• Admin

God, yet another article using PER stats to make a low talent player look like he could be really good. Stromile Swift has had six years to show that he's more than a 20 minute, 10ppg player and he hasn't. I get so tired of people making excuses for other people who just can't get it done. The only thing holding Swift back is himself. He's a grown man and if he hasn't figured that out by now, he never will.

I would take him as a cheap backup. But he's not cheap enough right now.

take the chance that BK might blow it by taking his clone from LSU when he becomes available this year or next.

I would actually love to see us acquire him. He is excellent in the open floor and has had some pretty decent games this year so for a 2nd round pick or player we arent using he would definitely be worth it. His contract isnt that horrible either and he still has plenty of opportunity to become something in this league if he can ever get into the right system.