• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Delk

tmac13

Its hard to believe that we couldn't even get a future 2nd rounder for Delk..Its a testiment to BK's poor handling of the situation..By blackballing Tony for most of the year because Delk picked up his option BK probably screwed the Hawks out of any return. I know, all the BK lovers will tell me how it was only to develope Salim, but we had games that we could have used Delk that wouldn't have affected anyones minutes and we have only had 11 active players for months..BK screwed the Hawks by being an AZZ..While Isiah has the title of being the worst GM in the game, BK has a solid hold on 2nd worst.

KB, I just wanted to tell you its ok that you call me an idiot as you make the charge up Brokeback Mountain to defend BK..

With a couple guards out for the short-term and Delk apparently in good shape and OK to play why not showcase him some the rest of the season. Then we can do a sign and trade with him over the summer.

Granted it would be to a short contract but hey - it's a business and if you can get something out of him in a snt (even if it's just a role player or 2nd round pick) why not?

Yeah.

His history speaks for itself, and you are the one that ignores that history. He is the man that built the Grizzlies and made them a success. All Jerry West has done is make poor draft picks that have derailed the progression. Everything good that happened to Memphis between 2000 and 2002 was a decision made by Billy Knight.

Billy was also Donnie Walsh's right hand man in Indiana, and from the period of 1995 to 1999, no one in the NBA drafted better than Indiana.

But, we can ignore that as well because we have a personal vendetta against Billy Knight because he didn't put a championship caliber team on the floor immediately. All he did was completely turnover a roster full of overpaid players who weren't getting the job done and has in place a roster that is young, athletic, and full of potential. But that's not immediate enough for you.

• Premium Member

If we are benching Tony for picking up the option...

Maybe it's BK's plan not to trade Tony either. It's definitely mean spirited but think about it. If Tony sits the bench all season in Atlanta, he will not get a good contract anywhere. If we traded Tony and he went elsewhere and blew up, he would...

That's what you call HARDBALL...

BK seems to want to screw TD's career.

anybody wants TD bad enough to give up a 2nd rounder for him. Non-playoff teams have no use for an aging veteran combo guard and playoff teams know that the Hawks are likely to release TD after the trade deadline. Why pay for something that you will be able to get for a greatly reduced price in a few weeks? Watch and see what happens.

Quote:

If we are benching Tony for picking up the option...

Maybe it's BK's plan not to trade Tony either. It's definitely mean spirited but think about it. If Tony sits the bench all season in Atlanta, he will not get a good contract anywhere. If we traded Tony and he went elsewhere and blew up, he would...

That's what you call HARDBALL...

BK seems to want to screw TD's career.

But shouldn't a good manager/businessman do what's best for the organization regardless of personal vendettas?

I mean...other players around the league have eyes. Who wants a GM with a rep. of hatin on players.

Lets see, if I remember correctly, you said Versace made all the deals, and BK made the draft picks..So, according to YOU..BK didn't trade SAR for Gasol, or trade Bibby for JWill..Those deals only happened a few days apart so don't try to give BK credit for the good one and blame Versace for the bad one..So, that being established, BK's legacy in Memphis is drafting Swift(2nd overall), Gasol, and Battier..

Thats it, 3 players, 1 good, 1 average, and 1 bust...

Like I said before, his record speaks loudly.

Yep.

Plus, salary cap issues come into play. We are a team that is under the cap, but that doesn't mean we can take less from a team that is over the cap. It works the other way around. We are in a position where we could have dealt a second round pick for a bit player without anything else added. To deal Delk, some team would have had to come within 15% of Delk's current $3.75 million salary.

• Premium Member

I'm willing to bet that Cleveland Called.

I know how the call went.

Ring ring...

BK: Hello.

BK, this is Danny; I got a deal for you.

BK: Alright.

Danny: BK, I want to trade Eric Snow to you guys for Tony Delk and Tyron Lue.

BK: No, we don't need a pure PG. I like our shooters.

1 hour Later.

Ring ring..

BK: Hello.

Pat Riley: BK, this is Pat RIley... I got a deal for you.

BK: I'm listening.

PR: How about we trade you white Chocolate for Tony Delk.

BK: NO thanks.

PR: Come on BK, it can be like Old times... You did trade Bibby for Williams?

BK: No, that wasn't me. I'm sorry.

PR: How about, we give you future considerations on Shaq?

BK: NO..

This is typical of the mindlessness that is on this board.

Memphis's 50 win season in 2003-2004 was due to the foundation that Billy had put into place. Ever heard of a guy named Pau Gasol? Billy Knight traded for him during the draft, sending Shareef Abdur-Rahim to Atlanta for him, Lorenzen Wright, and Brevin Knight.

Ever heard of Shane Battier? Yep. He was also drafted by Billy Knight.

The only pieces Jerry West added that were legitimate contributors to the 2003-2004 50 win season in Memphis were James Posey and Mike Miller. Jerry's draft picks in Memphis: Drew Gooden, Troy Bell, Dahntay Jones, and Hakim Warrick. Only Jones and Warrick are still with the team.

The Memphis Grizzlies success in 2003-2004 is based largely upon the foundation of Pau Gasol, Shane Battier, and Lorenzen Wright that Billy Knight put into place, and the one player he didn't want to bring to Memphis but was overruled by ownership in Jason Williams. The deal BK wanted to do but was overruled on was Bibby for Odom. Versace and Heisley overruled him and sent Bibby to Sacto for Jason Williams.

The SAR deal was done the day before the draft and the Bibby deal was done right in the same time frame..You can't blame Versace for the bad deal and give BK credit for the good one. Make up your mind?..I guess BK also had a deal in place to trade Bibby for Shaq and Kobe but mean old Versace forced JWill on him..

Quote:

This is typical of the mindlessness that is on this board.

Memphis's 50 win season in 2003-2004 was due to the foundation that Billy had put into place. Ever heard of a guy named Pau Gasol? Billy Knight traded for him during the draft, sending Shareef Abdur-Rahim to Atlanta for him, Lorenzen Wright, and Brevin Knight.

Ever heard of Shane Battier? Yep. He was also drafted by Billy Knight.

The only pieces Jerry West added that were legitimate contributors to the 2003-2004 50 win season in Memphis were James Posey and Mike Miller. Jerry's draft picks in Memphis: Drew Gooden, Troy Bell, Dahntay Jones, and Hakim Warrick. Only Jones and Warrick are still with the team.

The Memphis Grizzlies success in 2003-2004 is based largely upon the foundation of Pau Gasol, Shane Battier, and Lorenzen Wright that Billy Knight put into place, and the one player he didn't want to bring to Memphis but was overruled by ownership in Jason Williams. The deal BK wanted to do but was overruled on was Bibby for Odom. Versace and Heisley overruled him and sent Bibby to Sacto for Jason Williams.

Posey was the Grizzlies best player in the second half of the 2003-04 season.

And basically you are saying the foundation BK built for Memphis is based on his fleecing of Pete Babcock - one of the worst GMs of all time. Very impressive record indeed.