• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

I would keep Harrington IF...

I am one of the biggest anti-Al Harrington members here at the Squawk. But I thought of one reason to re-sign him this offseason.

Scince Al Harrington is a NYC style player, and we have a major need at PG. Wouldn't Al have a nice connection on the court with a fellow NYC style player Randy Foye?

I like Foye. He's a big, strong, tough kid who from what I have seen would make a nice fit here.

Randy Foye

Joe Johnson

Josh Smith

Al Harrington

ZaZa Pachulia

I wouldn't mind that being our starting 5 of the future.

Josh Smith is not quick enough to guard 3's and Al can't guard 4's but still both of them are 3 so playing out of their position is not good for this team. Marvin is a 3 i think so if you want to start Smoove you would have to get rid of AL of course he wont come of the bench.

Quote:

Josh Smith is not quick enough to guard 3's and Al can't guard 4's but still both of them are 3 so playing out of their position is not good for this team. Marvin is a 3 i think so if you want to start Smoove you would have to get rid of AL of course he wont come of the bench.

of course the Al argument all comes down to Marvin. those of us that think Marvin can show the improvement Smoove did year over year would like to see the salary spent elsewhere and Al moved. those Marvin haters like Diesel would like to see Al stay. only time will tell who is right.

I LOVE Marvin but I don't think Al HAS to go anywhere for Marvin to realize his potential. So it is NOT an Al or Marvin situation. We can use both. If Marvin continues to get better and takes some of Al's minutes - great. I don't think Al's knees will allow him to play 38 EFFECTIVE mpg over the next few years anyway.

In addition, we are always going to play SOME small ball so Al, Marvin and Josh will all play together at times. I think we can keep Al and Marvin and Josh can still play around 30 mpg and as I said, if Al's minutes drop to around 30 mpg, it will likely prolong his career.

Bottom line, obviously, the amount we could sign Al for will make a HUGE difference regarding whether or not we should resign him but the way you portray the situation, it looks like you want to let Al go JUST to make room for Marvin and I DEFINITELY disagree with that. You say "spend the salary elsewhere" butt on whom? I'd rather spend $8M a season on Al than $8M on a PG or Center who can't play.

Quote:

I LOVE Marvin but I don't think Al HAS to go anywhere for Marvin to realize his potential. So it is NOT an Al or Marvin situation. We can use both. If Marvin continues to get better and takes some of Al's minutes - great. I don't think Al's knees will allow him to play 38 EFFECTIVE mpg over the next few years anyway.

In addition, we are always going to play SOME small ball so Al, Marvin and Josh will all play together at times. I think we can keep Al and Marvin and Josh can still play around 30 mpg and as I said, if Al's minutes drop to around 30 mpg, it will likely prolong his career.

Bottom line, obviously, the amount we could sign Al for will make a HUGE difference regarding whether or not we should resign him but the way you portray the situation, it looks like you want to let Al go JUST to make room for Marvin and I DEFINITELY disagree with that. You say "spend the salary elsewhere" butt on whom? I'd rather spend $8M a season on Al than $8M on a PG or Center who can't play.

We need to get rid of Al because we need his salary to get a defensive big.

• Premium Member

Quote:

We need to get rid of Al because we need his salary to get a defensive big.

I love this land of Unicorns you live in. It's great to see the magicians and sorcers who will conjure up a Big... But in the real world. Who are we saving money up for?? Which big will be available?

I think our plan is to trade for a big or to draft one...

But I don't think there will be a worthy big in the FAcy pool unless you believe we're getting Ben Wallace.

I don't believe we have to have Hakemm Olajuwon...but we could use the money to spend on a couple solid big men.

Spending a ton of money on Al is a mistake...for the money we spend on Al (give or take a few coins)...think we could sign Nazr Mohammed, Francisco Elson & Reggie Evans.

All would be a nice fit since our focus offensvely will be JJ Joshes and Marvin.

• Premium Member

The only ones that are available are:

Ben Wallace.

Nene (RFA)

Pryzbillia

Olowakhandi

Gooden

Hendu

Tim Thomas

Lo Wright

Battie

Cato

Pollard

Wilcox (RFA)

Jarron Collins

Ostertag

Who are we spending all this big money on??

• Premium Member

Well, we traded Nazr and Pryz for nothing.. basically. So they must not be in our plans.

Then there's Cato. Cato is about the only FA I see that is worth to be picked up. With Detroit's focus on Wallace, I think we can slide a 6-7 million dollar deal to Cato and get it done.

That's still not the big money that the trade Al Syndicate is talking about, so where is this big money going??

Quote:

Quote:

JJ/Ivey

Morrison/Salim

Marvin/Chills

Smoove/Cato

Nene/Nene

I assume you meant Nene/Zaza?

As much as we've heard about JJ not being a "true point", I wouldn't be surprised if we went this route, and I would be excited about the potential.

Right Sorry...I am a staunch believer in this JJ at point thing. And if JJ is the point, we need a scorer at the 2.

I pray we don't bring in Adam Morrison. That would be a huge mistake. His defense is pathetic, and the guy that thinks we should draft him and start him at SG has to be smoking something.

I want us to draft either Randy Foye or Shelden Williams. Foye would work nicely alongside Joe Johnson. And Shelden Williams is going to be a FORCE on defense and on the boards. People don't like Shelden because they think he's too short to be a center, but his wingspan and strength more than makes up for his height.