• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Every once in a while, I'll agree with Chad Ford.

KB21

This years draft is loaded with SF and PF that are very talented especially Tyrus Thomas, Gay, Aldridge etc. If I had a crystal ball and had knew that 2006 was going to be the year of the talented forwards draft I definately would have drafted Paul last year.

This is a VERY WEAK draft for Centers and PGs. Very weak. Unfortunately, you almost HAVE to take a Forward this year. The Top 5 picks are forwards!!!

We may have to take a chance on the 7 foot European player. The problem with him is that he is a finesse player, hates contact and has no low post game. He plays like a SF. We don't need that either.

This is a bad year to address specific Hawks needs in this draft. 2007 will be the year, but Pheonix will get that pick.

Oh well.............. bring in another Forward.

Quote:

He is more of a sf/pf tweener..He plays next to Big Baby Glenn Davis who in my opinion is the best post player in college basketball this year..Big Baby leads the SEC in scoring and rebounding and is a monster size wize at 6'9" 315, and he is not fat..He is a guy that might play center in the NBA at 6'9"...

One more question, outside of Ben Wallace, who is actually only 6'7", can anyone here think of another impact center that was shorter than 6'10"?

The reason I ask, is because we have all wondered if Smoove or Thomas, or any other undersized post type player could become the next Ben Wallace.It sort of reminds me of the comparisons of almost any 6'8" or 6'9" white guy that can shoot a little being compared to Larry Bird..

Boris Diaw..lmao

• Premium Member

are not concerned with post defense, rebounding, that is not the glorious part of the game. With thad being said I believe that is the reson we don't have players like the centers of the 80-90s.

We now have 7-1 shooting guards who are worried about how many three's they can hoist.

terrfic RUNNING BACK in highschool at 6'9" 300 and that he was recruited to play OL by a lot of big time schools? Good GRIEF! I still haven't seen him play but I wonder why no one has been talking much about him either, particualrly when he seems to have PF size and a very polished low post game.

he has a very pretty midrange shot. the other night he shot 90 percent from the line.

i havent seen him play that much, but i am intrigued, especially since they call him "baby shaq."

another guy i wonder about is cj watson, point guard at tennessee. not projected in the mock drafts, but worth an invite i think. very savvy player, good defense, good shot, runs the show well for tn.

Has a tremendously bright future ... Despite his massive body, he is ultra quick and skilled ... Moves well laterally, feels the defense, spins to the weakside ... Has great instincts in reading his opponents ... A very hard worker in traffic who is relentless on the offensive glass ... Surprisingly quick off the floor on the second and third hop ... Clears out space with his strength and frame ... Effective low post scorer ... He isn't always smooth, but he makes some very impressive moves and his footwork will eventually be there ... Gets to the free throw line ... Solid shooter from 15 ... Can put the ball on the floor and drive ... Good passer from the high post ... Productive shot-blocker ... Has a charismatic personality that will make him highly marketable in the NBA ... Nicknamed "Big Baby ... Concentrated on basketball as a high school senior, but also had a stellar career as tailback on the football team and was considered a big-time lineman prospect ... Also tossed the shot for the U-High track team ... In basketball, earned Parade and McDonald's All-America honors, was named the Gatorade Player of the Year in the state of Louisiana ... Averaged 26.4 points and 14.3 rebounds a game along with four blocks ... Full name is Ronald Glen Davis.

i thought about that last night wtching him...looked pretty good and most importantly looked very comfortable and smooth in the post...could be good regardless of how tall he is due to strong frame and big upperbody...his arms SEEMED to be pretty good size although i could be wrong.

When I saw 6'9", I thought "oh no" not another one. But at 300 pounds - that's a bit different. I think Willis Reed was 6-9 and Russell and Malone weren't much bigger. I'll have to watch him. Interesting.

We also have Anderson waiting in the wings don't we?

Guest Walter

Quote:

I think you stick him in the post alongside Josh Smith and watch every shot that comes into the lane get swatted out of the lane.