• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

interesting quote about JJ on Hoopshype...

f_town

'Yet the city's media is making Sarver out to be cheap because he didn't match the Hawks' $68M, five-year offer sheet to Johnson. Truth be told, Sarver was prepared to do exactly that when Johnson told him he didn't want to be a caddy for Stoudemire, Marion and Nash. Don't take my word for it. Bryan Colangelo dropped that info on me earlier this season, after I'd written the Hawks were foolish to have compensated the Suns as much as they did.'

from the new york post

maybe Vescey gets it right for once tongue.gif

• Premium Member

Quote:

O'Neal sat the bench for four years in Portland before he was traded to Indiana in 2000. He has since been to two All-Star games, and he came in third in MVP balloting last season.

"That's what I plan on making happen now that I have the opportunity to play my game [and] showcase what I got," Harrington said. "I just want to make sure I'm a big part of things turning around in Atlanta."

Quote:

“I want to start by saying thanks to Billy (Knight), Dominique (Wilkins) and Coach Woodson for giving me this opportunity. This is something that I’ve been looking for for a long time. I feel like this is a great situation for me, for this city, for this organization and we are going to turn it around quickly.”

“I think that the Hawks have all of the right things set in place – they have Billy at the head, Mike Woodson coming from a championship team – it’s just going to get everything in order. You also have me coming from a team that won 61 games, a very defensive-oriented team. I think that with me being here, we are going to be able to impress that on the young guys.”

“I am finally in a position where I can really be a role model for my teammates – it’s bigger than just starting. Now I have a lot of responsibilities and these are responsibilities that I have been looking for the last two years of my career. I’m very excited be here and we are going to get it ‘poppin’ out here again.”

On being an offensive player and replacing the Hawks’ leading scorer Stephen Jackson:

“That’s what this team needs, and that’s one of the challenges that I am ready to accept. I know I am going to be ready, because I know I’ll work hard this summer. I don’t think anyone works harder as me and with that brings confidence in the offensive end and my total game.”

On why he wanted to come to Atlanta:

“I wanted to come here because I feel like I have a lot more to offer. Indiana was a great situation, I am going to miss everybody there, but it just came to a point with that team that we just had too many guys. Something had to give and I guess I was the one that was willing to step back and try a new thing. It was a blessing in disguise – it just happened out of nowhere. I am just so happy to be here – I have family here and this is a place that I definitely can make my home.”

Every player really wants to be in Atlanta their first yr... There were articles that suggested that JJ had doubts while we were losing. Losing effects everything.