• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Another downside to poor defense...

skaughtybee

Quote:

If all our young guns keep racking up the numbers they will be demanding more $$$ once their rookie contracts expire.

If we were able to build a winner with some standout D - there would be less on paper for agents (like Al's) to talk about.

Scott

I am all for Defense, but this is fuzzy math in my book.

I think agents and players will site intangibles that don't always show up on their personal statistics column just as much. You think Ben Wallace isn't gonna' get paid because he doesn't average very many PPG? His agent will say, look a the oppenents FG%, Scoring Runs, etc... when Ben's in the game vs. when he's out. Agents and players will always find a way to get the most bang for the buck!

Quote:

Ben Wallace is an exception, but in general stats impact the contract more than intangibles.

Winning impacts contracts as well. Ben Wallace played a major role on a championship team. Al and other players on bad teams put up stats, but they are not as meaningful as the stats put up by a player on a winning team. Plus Ben Wallace has great stats with the exception of scoring. He is one of the very best NBA players in terms of rebounding, defense and shot blocking.