• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Way to go Salim

Admin

was the difference. we got robbed. plus i had to listen to heat commentators all game on LP. shaq's elbows are like deke's x 10. smoove was real nice. marv needs roids. jj needs that last shot. we coulda used chillz. salim has no conscience. zaza a no factor.

1. Salim first missed the shot that would've put us back up.

2. Salim failed to box out Anderson on the baseline which allowed the rebound and pass to Zo.

3. He'll let that shot fly at any other time, but then decides he don't want it. With 1.8 left, why in the world do you even try to dribble?

• Premium Member

Quote:

1. Salim first missed the shot that would've put us back up.

2. Salim failed to box out Anderson on the baseline which allowed the rebound and pass to Zo.

3. He'll let that shot fly at any other time, but then decides he don't want it. With 1.8 left, why in the world do you even try to dribble?

He is a Rookie!!!!!!!!!!!! Give him a break please!!!!!

• Moderators

I'm not throwing in the bag on Salim by any means but that was a very ugly stretch run by him in this game. I wish Chills or Lue would have been available to play some of those minutes down the stretch.

I blame Woody for that last play just as much as Salim. That last shot should have gone to JJ. Don't take him out of the play, even if everyone in the arena knows that's who we want to take the shot.

I would have given JJ, Al, or even Josh the shot before Salim.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Rookie or not, if he wants big time minutes, he needs to produce in big time situations. The pressure got to him and he choked.

I remember people talking the same [censored] about Childress & Smith last year! When are people going to learn that rookies generally don't do well in this league!

I don't ever recall either of the Joshes taking a game deciding shot last year. Hell, we weren't even in most games last year. This year is a pivotal year. Our team needs to start meshing and learn to win. We have won more and have been in way more games this year. I feel we're starting to turn the corner and a win tonight would've been a huge confidence builder especially for our young guys.

Smoove's played awesome since the break. He still makes the occasional dumb play, but usually makes up for it by making plays few in the league could make.

Something else I've noticed about Josh Smith. Has anyone else noticed that he talks with the coaching staff more throughout the games than in the past? Especially Woody. I wonder if this is due to his improvement or if this is the reason why he's improved so much.

This is by far the worst loss of the season. Salim is god awful hes in the game to shoot the ball and he cant even do that. Salim and Al Combined for a total of 6-24 they lost this game for us. JJ and Josh Smith were both hot 2night ESP. Smith my question is why didnt they go to the hot hand down the stretch. Josh had 11 4th quarter pts thats gonna fall on the coaching staff but still this is a game that shouldnt have come down this. Blown 16 pt lead I cant wait until they get rid of Salim hes a me lst player who only cares about himself. IM getting sick of tired of his act already it gets old. If he cant shoot the ball take him out of the games hes worthless if hes not making shots.

The way how sum of u talk its like we are the world champions. Salim missed the shot it happens to da best of them. You make some you loose some. But to say Salim has not been a pleasant suprise thus far for this season is bullshit. He makes fear in opponents earlier payton fouled him at the three point line do you see rookies getting those kind of calls.

I for one was very proud to see the Hawks giving the Heat fits. When Miami is considered a title contender and has the most dominant big man in tha game. Dont forget they have our best player from our team last year and he is like 4th on their star chart. Just to see the hawks being competitive is pleasing to me. Yes we lost and im upset we did not win but dont go on like the Hawks did not show good signs against a superior team.

In Miami witth the oficials looking for the more glamourous names to give preference to.

The positive is we played a still formidable team well. Doesn't matter they didn't have Wade..they're still really good without him.

As for Salim, I see some think it's okay because he's a rookie to make the mistake he made last night. Well, I do understand that rookies are going to make many mistakes. But what is so hard to understand about 1.8 seconds left and you get the ball with plenty of room to take a shot, and you decide to dribble and PASS it. That's not a rookie mistake...that's a completely boneheaded moronic screwup.

Somebody needs to get it in Salim's head that there's more to the NBA than just jumpshots. He hasn't even been making most of them for a while now. Anyone can come in and start throwing up shots like that and will make some of them. He's not helping this team at all right now..and hasn't been for a while.