• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Is anyone worried about the minutes toll on JJ

Guest Walter

Guest Walter

...not for this year so much but for the years to come when we may actually be contending. He's at or near top 10 in minutes played this year. I know he's an iron-man and all, but we are a team with a VERY capable BU in Childress at the 2. Why not play Childress (there) more and rest JJ more? Just concerned that in a quest to have a good end to a losing season, we are setting a bad precedent for JJ's career here.

W

Yes, I would say he is playing too many minutes.

However I don't think playing Childress more is the answer. He is already playing 30 mpg.

BK is probably looking for another combo guard to play next to JJ. Right now we are a little weak in the backcourt. That is why i wouldn't mind if they drafted a guard this year and look for bigs in free agency.

Mookie Blaylock used to play over 40 minutes a game. I think he may have led the league for a year (I might be wrong because Latrell used to log huge minutes). Never seemed to slow him down.

Guest Walter

...and have the all-iron man backcourt.

I don't know how much ball this Olympic team is going to demand of JJ. I hope not too much as with 40 MPG, possibly playoffs next year, and the Olympic team...rest is at a min.

W