• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Boris Diaw!

Vol4ever

• Premium Member

I believe that BK's idea of the perfect player is around 6-7 to 6-9, can defend, has handles, shoot the ball, and play multiple positions.

What happened and don't give me this lame excuse that Boris wouldn't play in the Atlanta system.

Talk about mud in your face! I'll give BK the credit for drafting him. Why is it when we draft players they don't seem to get better. Josh Smith is getting better BUT our players are no where near the development of other players drafted around them over the past few drafts.

Is it the system or what?

Quote:

I believe that BK's idea of the perfect player is around 6-7 to 6-9, can defend, has handles, shoot the ball, and play multiple positions.

What happened and don't give me this lame excuse that Boris wouldn't play in the Atlanta system.

Talk about mud in your face! I'll give BK the credit for drafting him. Why is it when we draft players they don't seem to get better. Josh Smith is getting better BUT our players are no where near the development of other players drafted around them over the past few drafts.

Is it the system or what?

Mud in the face? Because he scores about 12ppg? We have a 20ppg scorer and LEADER in JJ. Childress and Smith have been developing very nicely, and Marvin has made some good strides this year as well. Do you not watch the games or what?

it's the coaching, it's the fact that Boris flat out improved by a long shot over the summer, it's the fact that he's now willing to shoot, it's the fact that he now has killer teammates that turn his passes into assists and take pressure off of him, it's the fact that he plays with the soon-to-be repeat MVP, it's the fact that he is more comfortable as a 4-5 in the NBA and we played him at the 2-3.

It's no coincidence that Richardson had one of his best years there last year. It's no coincidence that Raja Bell is having the best season of his career there this year.

It's a great system with a TON of weapons and the league MVP, that is a perfect fit for Boris.

Either way this did not warrant yet another thread, and I'd still trade Boris + 2 mid first rounders for Joe again in a heartbeat

Quote:

First off, he refused to shoot when standing alone under the basket. He also said that he "didn't want to play for Woodson."

He is a QUITTER. He's a whiner who doesn't want to play for a losing team. It is that simple. Most NBA players who whine about playing for a losing team are stars.. he felt entitled to it as a rookie.

I hope he breaks both his legs.

Second, you are posting on the WRONG FORUM, numbnuts.

It is true that Boris has the benefit of playing on a very good team for a good coach and with a great PG.

I could see that Boris could play the game while he was here...same for Chillz Marvin Salim Smoove ZZ.

However I do think is safe to say that our young players would develop better and at a faster pace if we did not always have coach that is learning how to be a head coach.

Boris is a role player that has a very good all around game...makes sense that he would be great in Phoenix...but we have swings with much greater upside and since Boris was unhappy it only made sense to include him in the trade.

Come guys, we talk about 4 things here..First, we talk about how we hope our young talent grows up. Second, we talk about who we are going to draft or sign as a free agent..Third, we talk about next year, or the next..We hope to someday play an important game..Then finally, we talk about might have beens...It is painful to watch guys we have discarded for various reasons have success on other teams..

Boris is playing great for the Suns..Of course Nash has something to do with it..But Nash hasn't instantly made every player he has been with a star..Boris is finally playing the correct position..Our coaches didn't recognize that, Phoenix did..Speaking of Nash, its painful that last year when he was a free agent, and signed for WAY less than the max, we didn't even give him a look..We offered KMart a max deal..

Its painful to see JT thriving in Dallas when we know he would have been the perfect compliment to JJ..

Its painful to see Nazr have a nice career elsewhere when we have struggled so much with the center position.. Knowing that we basically gave him away.

Its painful watching Pryz play good defense in Portland, when we have no interior defense..

Its painful seeing Chris Paul seemingly become a great pointguard when we don't even have a point guard, and we are hoping Marvin grows into a good player..

We have a nice young team..We have some potential stars, we have a great player in JJ..We are progressing and should be a much better team next year..I give Bk credit for this..I think Woody is a bad coach..There is nothing else to say about Woody, he is simply not a coach that makes his team better..If we make the right moves this summer, hopefully next year at this time we are actually talking about a game, or a playoff run, instead of always talking about Next Year or might have beens...

Quote:

Speaking of Nash, its painful that last year when he was a free agent, and signed for WAY less than the max, we didn't even give him a look..

Everybody, and I do mean EVERYBODY except for Phoenix, thought that Phoenix wsa absolutely nuts to give a 30 year old Nash a 6 year $65 million deal, or whatever it was. Nobody realized just how good he was. Not Mark Cuban, not us, not anyone.

• Premium Member

Actually, it was Diaw. He gave our coaches a hard time because we wouldn't coach to his style of play. Instead, we tried to make Diaw play our style of basketball.

In the end, Diaw was traded and went to Phoenix and was allowed to play his style of play.

Now Diaw has been successful and good for him. I don't miss him. He would have not done the same with us. Moreover, we didn't have the personnell to play his style and be successful. So I think that the trade has been successful for both teams. For us, we got a real bigtime player. Phoenix got a whole lot of stuff.

yeah, and he did a fantastic job in phoenix.

I'm just saying, 29 other GM's thought Nash wasn't worth it, as did 99% of fans and journalists. But that's why GM can't do their work according to public perception. They have to have their own vision, and be allowed to carry it out and see if it works. That's why I give BK one more summer before the final judgement.

All I'm saying is you can't hold the Nash signing against BK. Yes we've had a few missteps in the BK era, but probably far less than your average GM. You can't compare him to the one or two GM's who have been perfect in their tenure, like Phoenix (Colangelo) or San Antonio.

I agree, I think he is about average..Honestly, it doesn't take a great GM to detroy a team and hope for lottery picks..I give him credit for JJ and Zaza..Both are longterm pieces of the puzzle..I agree, next summer will be his make or break time..

My real point was that until we can discuss actual games here, there is always going to be alot of talk about "what ifs"..Notice there is not a single word on this forum about tonights game..Golden State has not been mentioned..That is sad for an NBA team when the games themselves are deemed unimportant.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Speaking of Nash, its painful that last year when he was a free agent, and signed for WAY less than the max, we didn't even give him a look..

Everybody, and I do mean EVERYBODY except for Phoenix, thought that Phoenix wsa absolutely nuts to give a 30 year old Nash a 6 year $65 million deal, or whatever it was. Nobody realized just how good he was. Not Mark Cuban, not us, not anyone.

Not only that but Nash would NEVER have gone to the East Coast to play for a lottery team like the Hawks. There shouldn't be any pain associated with Nash's failure to sign in Atlanta because that would be pure fantasy.

Quote:

Quote:

First off, he refused to shoot when standing alone under the basket. He also said that he "didn't want to play for Woodson."

He is a QUITTER. He's a whiner who doesn't want to play for a losing team. It is that simple. Most NBA players who whine about playing for a losing team are stars.. he felt entitled to it as a rookie.

I hope he breaks both his legs.

Second, you are posting on the WRONG FORUM, numbnuts.

Maybe he just didn't want to play for a coach that he knows isn't any good? I do agree he wouldn't look as good if he wants "The GUY" on a team. But still, it's abit irony that Billy has went on about wanting a versatile player that can be athletic and play 2 or 3 position and he trades away that exact player.

Billy is full of shyt.

• Premium Member

I'm not saying the trade was bad, I think JJ is much better than Boris and I was and still am a big proponent of the trade. I'm just asking why he didn't work out here because that is the type of player the olrganization wanted.

It's the coaching IMO.