• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

NBA Players vote Woodson 2nd worst coach...

mrhonline

• Premium Member

http://www.tsn.ca/nba/news_story/?ID=157685&hubname=

Quote:

The Raptors' Sam Mitchell has been voted worst coach in the NBA in a poll of 248 NBA players by Sports Illustrated.

The vote was close, however.

Mitchell drew 15 per cent of votes in the worst coach category,
followed by Atlanta's Mike Woodson (13.3 per cent)
, Houston's Jeff Van Gundy (10.8 per cent) and Golden State's Mike Montgomery (8.3 per cent).

Well this is obviously a stupid poll if a coach can be 3rd best and 6th worst. They should be asked to rank the coaches to prevent this.

A similar thing has happened when people are polled on the best and worst presidents of all-time. Clinton and Bush Sr. are both often voted top 10 and bottom 10. BTW, Bush Jr. has never been considered top 10 to my knowledge in any reputable poll.

Quote:

Well this is obviously a stupid poll if a coach can be 3rd best and 6th worst. They should be asked to rank the coaches to prevent this.

A similar thing has happened when people are polled on the best and worst presidents of all-time. Clinton and Bush Sr. are both often voted top 10 and bottom 10. BTW, Bush Jr. has never been considered top 10 to my knowledge in any reputable poll.

I think most of those Presidential polls are kind of pointless without the lens of history. They should disqualify any President prior to 1980 or so, until we have the benefit of long-term hindsight.

And yeah, that coach poll is pretty foolish too.