• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Ivey getting exposed

exodus

Chill is worth a shot in my opinion. Not the answer any more than JJ is the answer, but we don't have anything to lose. His mentality is that of a team first player, does he have the skills and instinct?

Chill-Lue-Ivey

JJ-Salim-Chills-Donta

Josh-Marvin-Donta

Al-Josh-Marvin

Zaza-Batista-Edwards

I think the issue here is that neither Ivey or Salim is the answer. Tehy are both very young 2nd round combo guards. Salim has talent but some extra issues. Ivey isn't a top flight talent. Lue isn't a slam dunk either.

We're arguing about guys who are all backups at the 1 or 2. They all have a place on a team, but only when there's a clear #1. Salim and Ivey still are new to the league, and could become much btter players,. I think Salim will have a solid career and is a guy you want to hang on to, but if we can get a #1 PG or a big man, and he's included in the trade, we won't lose much.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Chill is worth a shot in my opinion. Not the answer any more than JJ is the answer, but we don't have anything to lose. His mentality is that of a team first player, does he have the skills and instinct?

Chill-Lue-Ivey

JJ-Salim-Chills-Donta

Josh-Marvin-Donta

Al-Josh-Marvin

Zaza-Batista-Edwards

I think the issue here is that neither Ivey or Salim is the answer. Tehy are both very young 2nd round combo guards. Salim has talent but some extra issues. Ivey isn't a top flight talent. Lue isn't a slam dunk either.

We're arguing about guys who are all backups at the 1 or 2. They all have a place on a team, but only when there's a clear #1. Salim and Ivey still are new to the league, and could become much btter players,. I think Salim will have a solid career and is a guy you want to hang on to, but if we can get a #1 PG or a big man, and he's included in the trade, we won't lose much.

If Woody puts Chill at the point he should be whacked right in the center of Phillips...lol

• Moderators

Salim has his limits and isn't the long term answer at shooting guard but we should not get rid of him by any means. He is going to enjoy a long career in the NBA with his shooting and I hope that will be with the Hawks. He is going to be a role player with a team and when we have more pieces at PG there won't be as much of a need for someone to cover his deficiencies.

• Premium Member

Yeah, those would be good things to use to try to get PTL to bite on the trade.

BTW. If he gets one more assist and one more rebound in less minutes on an equally bad team... Then that means that he does do something better than Salim... 2 things.

Quote:

Yeah, those would be good things to use to try to get PTL to bite on the trade.

BTW. If he gets one more assist and one more rebound in less minutes on an equally bad team... Then that means that he does do something better than Salim... 2 things.

I said appreciably better. Salim plays one minute more than Jack does. That ain't enough difference to make me make a trade, especially since Salim shoots better with his eyes closed.

Quote:

neither one is a distributor. Both can handle the rock. Lue can shoot and Ivey can play D. Neither one is a pure PG who can distribute

Looking for pure pgs is like looking for pure centers..they don't exist...and that is because the definition is shotty. If you can shoot then you are not a pure pg i guess. I don't want a pg that avg 10 ppg and 8 assists. I want him to avg 20 ppg and 8 assists...or if he avgs only 15ppg, he has the potential to score 30 every night. I think you can put players in an offense to up his assist avg, but there is no way that you can teach people how to be a scorer, that is talent.

In other words, a good coach can teach Salim to run an offense, but all the coaching in the world won't give Ivey or Jack an offensive game.

Seriously, Lue is terrible.

We should dump him as soon as possible. Buy out his contract, or trade him for a second rounder. He can't play defense, his distribution and ball protection are poor, the only thing going for him is that 1 night in 4 he shoots OK from the floor.

The team is definitely playing better without him.