• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Trade the pick, trade the pick.

Diesel

• Premium Member

There is nothing in this draft worth getting with a high pick. I mean, every player that is available sucks.

S Williams = Sucks.

All those combo guards.. = Sucks.

I like Rodney Carney.. But we don't need him.

JJ Riddick has great bust Potential and we don't need him.

My question...

Who is willing to trade with us?

Can we get a Deron Williams or Devin Harris with our pick?

How about our #1 for Kendrick Perkins and Boston's #1.

• Premium Member

Even if we had the #1 overall pick...

I would still consider trading it. I mean, I have not been impressed so much by Larmarcus Aldridge or Gaye either. I think the only player with big game potential is Morrison and he's going to be slow on this level.

This years crop sucks. All of them.

This would be the curse of Stern if we were to get the #1 overall this year.

It would be Stern saying..

I put in the age limit right on time to f--- up the Hawks...

So they get no Greg Oden...

I gotta feeling. We can be like the 9th seed this year and we will win the lottery.

Well, at least we can get Aldridge. He's not a special player, but he has size.

How about our first and second round picks, plus Lue for Baron Davis (who no longer is starting) and Beidrens (6'11" rebounder)?

Then trade Al for Magloire and Maurice Williams.

There isn't a lot of difference in the way Villanova plays with Kyle Lowry, Allen Ray, and Randy Foye and the way Illinois played with Dee Brown, Deron Williams, and Luther Head last year.

Brown = Lowry

Williams = Foye

Head = Ray

Foye will be a point guard in the NBA.

I think Foye will "play point guard" but more in the mode of a Luther Head or Steve Francis type, meaning he is not really a point guard but only plays one because of his height.

As evidenced by last nights game and many other games over the past few seasons, the Hawks need someone who can bring the ball up the court against pressure defenses, direct the offense when things stagnant and generally lend a helping hand to JJ.

I just have my doubts about another combo guard - the Hawks already have JJ, Lue and Salim to fill that role, why get another?

• Premium Member

For one, he's only 6'9 maybe less. For 2, he doesn't play big against big players... He's easily moved out of position. For three, his one on one game is nothing to write home about. I have heard him compared to Brand and Boozer, but he's not the same type player. Those guys could score when they wanted to and were able to physically dominate the post. I don't see that with Williams.

When I watch Duke, I see a good system but I see all the flaws of the players too. Without the system, these players won't do much.

Diesel I wouldn't mind trading our #1pick for Devin Harris but there are 2problems. Billy Knight would probably be looking for a Bigman in return instead of a guard and 2. Dallas would probably only do it if we got a top3 pick not #5 or 6thpick. I would love to get Harris along with Dallas's first round pick. We would give Dallas our lotterypick and our 2ndround pick. Dallas pick would probably be in the 26 to 29 range. We use that pick and draft Eric Williams. I have a feeling he is going to slip into the late 1stround like a Wayne Simien last year.

Guest Walter

Sheldon is a very good player but not a center or mid lottery worthy regardless. Aldridge has to do more, has a significant injury concern, and we likely won't draft high enough regardless. JJ Reddick = college snyp-hype, not pro-type. You left out Bargnani. I just don't know enough to consider him the next Dirk or what.

Between Carney and Morrison, however, I would most definately want Morrison. I definately don't see his game as too slow for the NBA, especially at the Sf position. He would be my first choice, but only if we trade away or lose two forward types (i.e. Al and ?) preferably filling one of our needs at Pg and center.

I don't see that happening so trade our pick is the next option.

This is what happens when you so box yourself in with short sighted draft selections. Marvin wasn't the BPA IMHO but wasn't significantly better or worse as to not consider TEAM positional needs regardless of opinion. Now we have to lose draft capitol for a wrong-headed selection.

W

W

Any chance the Clipps would take our first round pick for Shaun Livingston? He's 6'7 or 6'8 (which we all know is all BK really cares about smile.gif, is a great ballhandler, is young enough to play seemlessly with our own young guns, and the deciding factor (for me at least) he's playing behind Sam I Am for (most likely) one more year at least. If our pick is in the top 3 the Clipps are getting essentialy a re-do pic. They're close to being a contender now, so I doubt Shuan will see big minutes playing behind a vet like Cassell. This is only my humble opnion, what do you guys think?

Quote:

Any chance the Clipps would take our first round pick for Shaun Livingston? He's 6'7 or 6'8 (which we all know is all BK really cares about
smile.gif
, is a great ballhandler, is young enough to play seemlessly with our own young guns, and the deciding factor (for me at least) he's playing behind Sam I Am for (most likely) one more year at least. If our pick is in the top 3 the Clipps are getting essentialy a re-do pic. They're close to being a contender now, so I doubt Shuan will see big minutes playing behind a vet like Cassell. This is only my humble opnion, what do you guys think?

I love Livingston, but put this one very low on your expectation list.

• Premium Member

Quote:

There might be a better chance at trading our 1st for either Devin Harris or Deron Williams depending on what happens with Jason Terry at Dallas or what direction Utah decides to go.

What do you see in Deron Williams? or Devin Harris for that matter?

Since Portland has Jack, Telefair and Blake, seems they might be trading partners. BK tried to make a deal for him in the last draft. He was drafted at 22. If we traded our first round for him, nother player or their second would need to be involved. His Ga Tech connection would be a good draw.

• Premium Member

Quote:

If we traded our first round for him, nother player or their second would need to be involved.

So let me get this right.. We trade a lottery pick for a third string point guard on a bad team? For some reason I don't think that BK will do that!

• Premium Member

My only concern with Morrison is his health and his speed. We're running uptempo. I love Morrison's winners mentality and the guy is tough as Nail. I think in the second round of the tourney, we will get to see what Zaga is made of.

I think Carney is going to be a good pro... not a great pro. I think he's going to definitely be a sharp shooter. I would put him in the class of D. Scott. A guy who once he is on your team can offer really clutch three point shooting. This guy can actually shot with a hand in his face.

Riddick. I was impressed by Riddick yesterday but then again, It's more system than Substance. He just rolls through picks looking for an open look. Most zones give him that. IN the pros however, closing speed will be much better than what he has faced.