• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Quotes from last nights game coaches + playeres

SmooveTheFuture

Agree that there was bad calls going the Hawks way.

"The glaring thing tonight was that me and Joe couldn't make a shot," Harrington said. "If we do anything to help these young guys out we win this game going away. And that's what hurts. They did everything you wanted them to and at the end we got the look and I just didn't knock that shot down."

"We're long past the stage where we are working hard just to be in games," said Hawks coach Mike Woodson, who battled the officials all night. "I'm not concerned about anything other than winning games. But in order to do that we have to get a fair shake. And right now that's the frustrating thing. Our guys are playing their tails off and I don't feel like we're getting a fair shake."

"We're still playing for something, too," Josh Smith said. "We're out there every night trying to do what every other team is doing. But we're taking lumps from the officials in the process. And that's tough to swallow."

I didn't watch the Bucks game, but this echos my feelings about the Chicago game. It was very obvious that the officials were not calling the game equally.

Each of our last three losses could have been wins with some more favorable officiating. That's the stage were in, where we have to play good enough to not have the officiating take us out of the game.

I felt like it was pretty fair, but it was horrible. I'm all for letting them play, but these refs let this one get out of control. No flagrant called when Bogut hits Smith. As a result, they can't call one when Marvin hacks Bogut. Zaza and Magloire going at it all night. I don't know how Zaza didn't get a T for walking over to Magloire as a timeout was called, almost following him all the way to the bench with a killer's look in his eyes, cursing up a storm. I don't know that I've seen a game where they let them play this much in years

Let me put it this way, if the 3 goes in and we win, Milwaukee would be complaining that officiating cost them the game. It was just bad refereeing both ways

I wouldn't even say that the refs were in the top 3 reasons why we lost last night, although they were certainly bad. We lost because our two top scorers were ice cold, and we dug ourselves into a gigantic hole. After Salim shot us back into the game, we settle for nothing but jumpers in the clutch and a missed 3 by smith and a missed 3 by al were just enough for us to lose by 1

I think it's in the nature of sports that just about every player of the losing team always feels like they didn't get a fair shake.

Quote:

"The glaring thing tonight was that me and Joe couldn't make a shot," Harrington said. "If we do anything to help these young guys out we win this game going away. And that's what hurts. They did everything you wanted them to and at the end we got the look and I just didn't knock that shot down."

"We're long past the stage where we are working hard just to be in games," said Hawks coach Mike Woodson, who battled the officials all night. "I'm not concerned about anything other than winning games. But in order to do that we have to get a fair shake. And right now that's the frustrating thing. Our guys are playing their tails off and I don't feel like we're getting a fair shake."

"We're still playing for something, too," Josh Smith said. "We're out there every night trying to do what every other team is doing. But we're taking lumps from the officials in the process. And that's tough to swallow."

that shows a lot of class and more importantly leadership on Al Harrington's behalf.

• Premium Member

Quote:

that shows a lot of class and more importantly leadership on Al Harrington's behalf.

I agree. For all of our negative comments about his defensive lapses and tendency to dominate the ball, Al Harrington is a good player, and more importantly, a good teammate.

Chances are that he's going to a playoff team next year, and I'm sure he'll serve them well. I hope it works out for both teams.

Quote:

Quote:

Yea Al admited that he and Joe sucked last night

Quote:

He sucked, Joe had a bad shooting night but played well in every other area.

Precisely. Joe had 17 ast last night and that is a world away from sucking.

I just rather he take that shot than AL, but he made the smart play , but Al didn't come through.

as long as its a GOOD LOOK, i dont mind a struggling AL taking that shot.

while Johnson didnt have a good shooting night, he was effective in other ways (assists)... so ima lay off on the criticism (hey, hes HUMAN- everyone has bad shooting nights).

But when Harrington cant get his shots to go in, he's gotta find other ways to be effective like Johnson.

Quote:

Quote:

I agree. For all of our negative comments about his defensive lapses and tendency to dominate the ball, Al Harrington is a good player, and more importantly, a good teammate.

Chances are that he's going to a playoff team next year, and I'm sure he'll serve them well. I hope it works out for both teams.

hey status quo i'm all about the Hawks moving on w/o Harrington. that being said i'm fickle. if the Hawks can secure two players down low that are quote 'enforcers' then they can be successful with Harrington on the floor.

offer Al 8 million per and see what he says. anything over that is overpaying IMO.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

hey status quo i'm all about the Hawks moving on w/o Harrington. that being said i'm fickle. if the Hawks can secure two players down low that are quote 'enforcers' then they can be successful with Harrington on the floor.

offer Al 8 million per and see what he says. anything over that is overpaying IMO.

If they resign AL Harrington they better be trading Marvin Williams for a PG because hes the ODD man out then. Iam still scratching my head why Paul was passed on with Paul we are really close to a playoff team this year and we coulda resigned Al with no hesistation.