• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Diesel's New Plan for 2006 offseason...

Diesel

Quote:

i'd hope we can get one of the 3 portland pgs without giving up too much

i say we snt al for blake/pryz/2007 first

Why would Portland need another forward with Randolph, Miles, Outlaw, Monya, etc. already on their roster? Plus they have Webster who can play at the forward position.

I would love Blake too but we have nothing of value to Portland.

I'm with you tmac, a backcourt of Livingston and JJ would just be sick. I don't know how likely it is that we can get him, but he would seem the absoulte perfect fit for our squad. Imagine the young nucleas we would have with Shaun, JJ, Marvin, Smoove, Chillz, and Slim (still can't spell it smile.gif MAKE IT HAPPEN BK!!

If I can be at the #5 pick and STILLLLLL get Adam Morrison, I don't care what position he plays... I want him in a hawk hat and jersey, if only just for the formality of the picture taking.

We could turn around and trade his draft rights to Portland for jarrett jack and Portland's drafts rights to Josh Boone.

I think that would be a best case scenario, we fill two holes quickly... But I seriously think that we could fill one of those holes with an S&T involving Al... After his game the other night in Milwaukee I'm re-assured in my feelings that I really wont miss him.

What do you guys think?

Agree 100% sf3, I was thinking the same thing. Morrison would be a mega-valuable trading piece. Actually he might be the most logical player to select (if possible) since most agree that we have all the youth we need and we should get some solid vet. bigs and/or a PG.

Sorry, but IMO BK will select Brewer with our pick unless we fall within the top 3 picks. He is the tall multifaceted player BK covets and he can play the point. He will also likely be selected in the 4th through 10th picks in the draft which is where we are likely to be selecting. If Brewer pans out then a Brewer/JJ backcourt could be very potent.

• Premium Member

BK would probably love Carney.

This guy can jump out of the gym. He's got one of the best strokes I've ever seen. If you ask who is he like. He's like Jrich with a sweet jumpshot.

If I were in the mind of BK.. I see Carney being what I wanted JChills to be...

So the lineup is: JJ/Carney/Marvin/JSmoove and Zaza.

Carney also plays good lockdown type defense.

Morrison has the toughness and mentality that you want in a player, but he's not Hawkish... Not long, athletic, versatile...

Quote:

BK would probably love Carney.

This guy can jump out of the gym. He's got one of the best strokes I've ever seen. If you ask who is he like. He's like Jrich with a sweet jumpshot.

If I were in the mind of BK.. I see Carney being what I wanted JChills to be...

So the lineup is: JJ/Carney/Marvin/JSmoove and Zaza.

Carney also plays good lockdown type defense.

Morrison has the toughness and mentality that you want in a player, but he's not Hawkish... Not long, athletic, versatile...

According to this description of being "hawkish", BK would have passed on all five starters of the great Bird led Celtic teams. You just got to get over this thought.... that you know what BK wants in order to support who you want.

Just be a man, tell us why you like Carney and defend it. My best guess, and I mean this sincerely and not spitefully, is who ever you don't want in the lottery, hands down, my money is on us picking him...

And the reason I say this is simple, you and BK hardly ever agree on anything that has to do with the draft...

I personnally do not think Morrison, Aldridge, Bargnani (sp) or Gay will be left if our pick is any lower than fourth. Just don't see it.