• Raised $440 of $700 target

This team plays better with Childress.

mrhonline

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes yes yes, thanks for saying it.

im happy the nonsense about getting rid of him seems to be over....

can someone find me a stat for our win ratio when Chill has a double/double?

seems everytime he gets one, we win.

simple as that.

agreed all the way. Chill can be one of the best sixth men in the league for a long time IMO. However I will really look to see how he performs early in the year next year. He can't start as slowly as he has his first 2 years on a yearly basis

The way I see it, moving forward, our real pieces are

? / Lue

JJ / Salim

Marvin / Chill

Smith / ?

? / Zaza

If we get 2 real bigs this offseason and at least one of them stick, we will be much better off. A PG to help relieve JJ won't hurt either.

Actually I think Chill should be a starter if Al is s-n-t'ed for a better 5. Last year's draft pick is like a millstone around this team's neck. 1st we miss out on the PG we really needed, then everybody talks about losing Al to make more playing time for MW, and in the future MW will likley start over a guy who would bring more for the team than he does.

Chill was dying out there this year until he went to the bench. He seems to be much, much more comfortable as a bench guy. Besides, while he is maybe slightly more polished than Marvin right now, it's still clear to me that Marvin has much more star potential, and will be the starter before long. I think Chill is perfect as a 6th man on a great team. He can come in with energy and do all the little things without having to be depended on as a go to guy

• Premium Member

Marvin... Star Potential...

Mr. 8 count is not a star. He plays the game like he doesn't care.... Those kind of players are not stars and never will be. Nate Robinson has more star potential than Marvin...

• Premium Member

Quote:

yawn

Yeah, that's what Marvin was doing when the 8 seconds rolled off the clock last night and possession went back to NY.

I have never seen A player (especially not one with Star potential) who can not get the ball across the half court line in 8 seconds against NO pressure. I mean, Crawford showed up at the 7th second but only because he recognized that SLEEPY Marvin was sleep walking his ass up the court. And this guy is supposed to be the future. A double overtime game and he plays with NO SINCE OF URGENCY...

Yeah.. Yawn. Star Potential... Save it for the next Sf we draft.

• Premium Member

Better yet:

Neal: " Big Al Out to JJ, JJ from the corner over to Paul, from the top of the key, Paul Drives, Dishes to Smoove..... BOOM"...

Smith: " That's what good Ball movement can get you.".

Neal: " The Crowd is standing up. That was Paul's 12th assist on the night and we're just in the 3rd quarter with the Hawks leading 78 to 63."...

Quote:

Better yet:

Neal: " Big Al Out to JJ, JJ from the corner over to Paul, from the top of the key, Paul Drives, Dishes to Smoove..... BOOM"...

Smith: " That's what good Ball movement can get you.".

Neal: " The Crowd is standing up. That was Paul's 12th assist on the night and we're just in the 3rd quarter with the Hawks leading 78 to 63."...

My eyes just got a little misty.

Guest Walter

Quote:

I just keep thinking of the way it could have been:

Neal: "Paul goes to the hoop...dishes to Childress...SLAM!...what a pretty play..."

Smith: "Yeah...those two have very high basketball IQ's and are definitely on the same page"

Yes, BK's decision to draft Marvin over Paul has and will continue to haunt this team. I don't know what BK saw in Marvin, honestly. I agree with Diesel's characterization of Marvin. He doesn't have it in him to be a star, much less a superstar. Even if he did, Paul is already one, is one at a more important position, and plays a position of need for us. this was not a case of BPA nonsense. It was a case of BK being blinded by his own philosophy. Unfortunate.

W

I am trying to reserve judgment on Marvin until he has much more playing time but he did look bad on the offensive end last night. He personally cost JJ several assists by missing a layup (that should have been a dunk) and several missed uncontested jumpers. He really needs to work on his conditioning in the offseason as he sometimes lacks explosion around the lane and looks slow of foot at times. I suspect a good offseason could result in positive results for Marvin.

• Admin

You consistantly defend and make excuses for Al when he fails to play a hint of defense or when he causes turnovers (like he did last night) by making lazy, disinterested passes. Yet Marvin, a rookie, gets caught by the 8 second clock (something that has happened to plenty of vets) and you use that as an opportunity to bash him. It is no secret to anyone who reads this board on a regular basis that you have hated Marvin since day one. Regardless of whatever backtracking you do, that is the facts. You've dogged him since day one.

This fact that you call Al a star. Yet you don't have the guts or honesty to recognize that Marvin has the talent to easily be as good as Al, faster than Al got there, is stupidity on the same level as your comments that Kobe really isn't all that good.

• Admin

The fact that you and Diesel are so ate up over the pick that you can't see the bigger picture is shocking. Especially from two guys who used to argue each others grand knowledge of the game to the point of genuine rage. I can't figure out if you guys hate Marvin so much because of the missed pick or becuase of school envy? I honestly can't believe it's because of anything you see talent wise. Because nobody else seems to see it.