• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Smith is the man!

exodus

Oh ok...I knew something was up...because Smoove is developing brotha...he is starting breaks off the rebound and making pretty good decisions...his passing lately has been impressive...not to mention he has been knocking down jumpers...he still has trouble with deciding what is a good shot...but Smoove will be a stud for a long time.

Question, why do you come in here and spout off about games you are not watching.

Quote:

I have Dish Network and doesn't carry the stations that the Hawks play on.

So glad the truth is out. You don't watch the games. You are now null and void.

And yes they do carry the games, but you have to pay to watch all NBA games. Watching ESPN does not make you a sports expert. Matter of fact, it probably lowers your sports IQ.

Quote:

Quote:

So glad the truth is out. You don't watch the games.

He actually mentioned that in the beginning of the season.

Sorry I missed that. Revised:

I am glad the truth has been reinforced through admission.

Quote:

Quote:

And yes they do carry the games, but you have to pay to watch all NBA games. Watching ESPN does not make you a sports expert. Matter of fact, it probably lowers your sports IQ.

Not on the regular package they don't. And they don't carry Sportsouth at all.

You mean NBA League Pass? Who pays all that much money for a basketball game?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Who spends this much time on a message board for games they don't even watch.

To be honest, $150 for my favorite team to see 75 games a year is nothing. $2 per game? Not even a discussion. Hell, that is better than the NFL package by leaps and bounds.

I mean, if you want to take the challenge and flex your vast knowledge of the game, come to the chat room and talk some basketball for the games. Not just rip the team on every chance you get. If not, just get the sand out of your vagina.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

To be honest, $150 for my favorite team to see 75 games a year is nothing. $2 per game? Not even a discussion. Hell, that is better than the NFL package by leaps and bounds.

I mean, if you want to take the challenge and flex your vast knowledge of the game, come to the chat room and talk some basketball for the games. Not just rip the team on every chance you get. If not, just get the sand out of your vagina.

I don't praise the worst team in the league... It's that simple. Nothing really matters until you start winning.

Every team has guys taht can play some. It's about winning.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I don't praise the worst team in the league... It's that simple. Nothing really matters until you start winning.

Every team has guys taht can play some. It's about winning.

1. They are not the worst team in the league.

2. Then why hang out here. Go to a Pistons board.

They lost to a 17 win teams backups. That makes them the worst team in the league.

Go to a Pistons board.

I'm not a bandwagon jumper. But it's jsut ashame that this team has got as low as it has the last 6 years. Dont you get tired of losing? This team goes out and says they want to win 30 games.. But yet they drop 3 str8 games to mediocre teams like the Bucks, Bulls, and the Knicks backups. That doesn't say great things for the future.

The same mistakes keep being made.

1.Hiring bad coaches

2.Hiring bad GM's

3.Continue trying to make other teams back ups starters such as Al, ZaZa, Lue who are all 6th man worthy at best.

The owners sure aren't the Maloofs and Cuban. They know how to make things happen.

I know it's tough because of the small fanbase here... But it's frustrating that things seem to be going nowhere.

Quote:

They lost to a 17 win teams backups. That makes them the worst team in the league.

Go to a Pistons board.

I'm not a bandwagon jumper. But it's jsut ashame that this team has got as low as it has the last 6 years. Dont you get tired of losing? This team goes out and says they want to win 30 games.. But yet they drop 3 str8 games to mediocre teams like the Bucks, Bulls, and the Knicks backups. That doesn't say great things for the future.

The same mistakes keep being made.

1.Hiring bad coaches

2.Hiring bad GM's

3.Continue trying to make other teams back ups starters such as Al, ZaZa, Lue who are all 6th man worthy at best.

The owners sure aren't the Maloofs and Cuban. They know how to make things happen.

I know it's tough because of the small fanbase here... But it's frustrating that things seem to be going nowhere.

Maybe I am too optimistic or just too old to get upset about the state of affairs...

1. We lost to another teams' backups?

OK, Marbury and Francis are obviously not going to be the answer for that team, and they sat most of the second half, and with good reason...Marbury was not interested, and Francis just had his career ruined. Curry is a fat, lazy bastard who has barely any good skill whatsoever. Crawford was a starter, and Nate Robinson is just an And-1 reject circus freak. We lost the game without Chillz and Lue, who are both contributors. We got too thinned out by the end and we lost. We're still better in the standings and we play the same teams.

2. "Continue" to hire bad coaches?

Had Lenny, got canned/left when the FO decided to bring in bad players.

Hired Lon...bad move. College to NBA rarely works.

Stotts came in, was not a terrible coach, just had a bad team. The team was supposed to lose and kept winning. Oops! No chance, and now he has been praised by some on the board as a good coach. Time will tell.

Woody - came in and is doing the best he can, and is actually reaching the players. Smith has even said that he is listening..what? Give him another year. Last year was just a horrible situation.

2. "Hiring bad GMs"

How many have we had in the past 10 years? Hardly a continuing series of events.

3. Having other teams backups as starters...

Zaza is 22 and can become a starter in the league with some guidance. Al is at 18.8ppg and that is starter material. Lue is what he is, and is also not a starter on this team if you remember correctly.

Am I tired of losing? I was tired of losing when I watched Big Dog, Reef, and Theo half-ass their way to 30 wins. Great. I would rather see this up and coming team win 25 than watch overpaid "stars" care their way into craptown. I grew up watching 50 win Hawks teams with Nique, Smith, Mookie, Deke, etc. Some down years aren't going to kill me. I have the Falcons for that cushion.

Quote:

Stotts came in, was not a terrible coach, just had a bad team. The team was supposed to lose and kept winning. Oops! No chance, and now he has been praised by some on the board as a good coach. Time will tell.

Stotts is a bad coach... Go ask Bucks fans.. That's a team that is mediocre when it shouldn't be. So the Hawks played alittle better than they should have a few years ago. Remember, the samething happend with Doc in Orlando... He turned out to not be a good head coach.

Zaza is 22 and can become a starter in the league with some guidance. Al is at 18.8ppg and that is starter material. Lue is what he is, and is also not a starter on this team if you remember correctly.

ZaZa doesn't do anything good besides being a decent rebounder... Poor shooter, Poor defender, Poor passer and soft. His good rebounding makes him a good backup... But that's it.

Al scores alot on a team with very few true scoring options. He's a 6th man that hurts you more than helps as a starter. He turns the ball over and plays some of the worst defense in the league... He's not that good of a rebounder either.

The only reason he should even be starting right now is because he needs to continue to pad his scoring stats so that the Hawks can get more for him in the offseason.

We really don't know what Marvin can do yet.... Smoove is improving, but if you can get somebody like KG you can trade Smoove aswell.

Childress needs to remain as the 28MPG 6th man because he's found his role there.

So what do you the Hawks have? You could argue the best second tier SG in the league, a 6th man of the year type of guy, a young Marvin Williams and a shot blocking 3/4 in Smoove.

The entire starting lineup outside of JJ needs some work.

I have the Falcons for that cushion.

Well being a fan of the two worst teams in The Hawks and Titans has drove me away abit from each sport. I rip the Titans as hard as I do the Hawks. Just the way I am when the team is bad.