• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Knicks trying to give and the Hawks will not take?

Plainview1981

They would not all start..but mix those guys in with what we have right now.....ZZ would play more 4 ...this team would make the playoffs...if Milwaukee and Chicago can be in the hunt.....

Lue/Ivey

JJ/Salim

Chillz/Marvin

Smoove/ZZ/Elson

Pryz/Cato/

this team would make the playoffs this year.

Quote:

JJ is a second tier shooting guard. He can't carry a winning team... But he needs real help and that help isn't Al Harrington.

If Marbury or Francis could carry a winning team, they would have been on the floor. JJ was, they were not.

Quote:

Quote:

JJ is a second tier shooting guard. He can't carry a winning team... But he needs real help and that help isn't Al Harrington.

If Marbury or Francis could carry a winning team, they would have been on the floor. JJ was, they were not.

Yeah and they lsot to Nate Robinson and David Lee. I never said either of those could carry a winning team anyway.

Quote:

They would not all start..but mix those guys in with what we have right now.....ZZ would play more 4 ...this team would make the playoffs...if Milwaukee and Chicago can be in the hunt.....

Lue/Ivey

JJ/Salim

Chillz/Marvin

Smoove/ZZ/Elson

Pryz/Cato/

this team would make the playoffs this year.

That line-up is no better then what they have right now. Lue, Chillz (to a lesser extent) and Pryz are borderline starters at best.

In reality JJ can have a leading role (option 1.a) on a winning team, it is just that needs an option 1.b. That option 1.b may eventually be a Smoove or Marvin, but what is really needed is a Jermaine O'Neal type.

I do not understand why people get so offended when someone says that JJ or some other Hawks player is not a basketball god. JJ is very good but he just is not on the level of a Jordan or even a Kobe, Wade, Pierce, etc.

• Moderators

C'mon guys it is obvious we ran out of gas and bodies in that game. Having Chills or Lue would have made a huge difference. Having a good defensive front court player would have made a huge difference.

for posting "Will we ever be good?" after this game... read post

Man, I want to win a championship in a bad way. I want to be a top 4 team in the EAST in a bad way. I think we might even make the playoffs next year....but I think we are a long way from being a contender. Our players' maturing is not enough to do the trick, either, folks. We need to ACQUIRE (through draft or trade) a star BIG (20/10) and we need a SOLID PG (not Lue or Ivey). Let's see if it actually happens.

Look at some of the statments you guys said about my suggestion we weren't on our way to contention....

"you make a post like this? wtf?"

"you've fallen into the loser mentality"

Was I saying we were horrible? Of course not. I was just wondering if we'd ever be one of those top 8 (or even top 10!) teams on the ESPN power poll. Only EDS thought my question was reasonable.