• Raised $440 of $700 target

What happened to the Chris Paul magic?

exodus

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

sarcasm on) Well thought out response there. I'm impressed.

(sarcasm off)

Your post deserved it. Accept the fact that Paul is rookie of the year and move on. Why rip off the scab? Because a 20 year who has played big minutes leading his team to an improbable run at the playoffs may have hit the rookie wall?

Being critical of Paul is a joke.

Quote:

Accept the fact that Paul is rookie of the year and move on.

Try reading the thread before you post in it.

I have no problem accepting that Paul is the runaway ROY.

But if he is going to get so much credit when they are winning is he also going to be blameless when they lose 8 straight?

His "fans" on this board need a reality check. He is not immortal.

funny thing is Stein actually says that one of the bigger reasons he trashes the Hawks is because Chris Paul actually wanted to be in Atlanta...

maybe i've been out of the loop, but hasn't PlayerPreference been somewhere right around the bottom of the list on WHY you draft a player...

that has to be the stupidest excuse to diss a team i have ever ever ever ever ever heard.

but thanks for the post, didn't know he said that.

Yeah I can't figure out the "don't want to go to Atlanta" thing. It's surely not about the city. NFL players want to play here, MLB players seem happy. It's not like the ATL is out in the sticks. Must have something to do with the Hawks organization I guess.

But I agree, that shouldn't matter as far as a draft pick goes.

• Premium Member

I wouldn't say that exactly.

I think you want a player to be enthused about playing for you club.

if that were not the case, then the Hawks would have never sent 2 1st and Diaw + 70 million dollars for JJ.

If that were not the case, then Steve Francis would have stayed in Vancouver.

If that were not the case, then Kobe would have been drafted by NJ.

I think when you consider that a player wants to play for your team and has the credentials to be picked at the spot, I see it as a huge plus.. not a nothing.

• Premium Member

as per our draft position..

All the players available will probably be Sfs or PFs... but no Centers and no PGs..

Well, let me preface that.

There will be PGs but they won't be as good as the Sfs that will be available.

Somehow, I see us having to choose between:

Foye, Riddick, Carney, M Williams, Tyrus, S. Williams, Brewer, Rondo, and Morrison...

I think these are going to be the guys available where we pick.

While Foye, Rondo, Brewer at PGs.. I don't think that they are better than Morrison, Carney, and the rest... Now or later... But that's the choice that we will have to make.

I think that there are a lot of people here on Hawksqauwk that feel that we are out of the talent procurement stage of the rebuild.. However, those people don't understand that we missed the mark with Marvin. We didn't get a superstar in Marvin.. We got a quality player according to our GM. So... That means that we pass up the chance on getting a guy like Morrison who could be a superstar in order to save face...from last year.

Yeah..

It's going to be a funny draft.

• 3 weeks later...