• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

If we win the #1 pick ...

Lascar78

Quote:

be wary of those underclassmen who show up (truly) for the first time in the national spotlight only as the tourney advances.

This could be called (among many other names), the 'Wally Sczcerbiak Effect'. Granted he was a very good player in college and has been a good player in the pros, but IMO he became DRASTICALLY overhyped and overrated due to his performances during March Madness. He was never destined to become the 'next Larry Bird', but you wouldn't have known that after hearing all the hype.

BTW, I was not aware that Sczcerbiak was born in Madrid, Spain. I wonder if he's considered to be a foreign player?

Quote:

I don't know nothing of those players.

But i can tell you this: We need a big guy who can play at low post and get rebounds.

The problem is that in this draft the bigs in the top are skinny and will get pushed around easily. The one guy who is a natural at getting rebounds and playing D is Shelden but he may be a little too short to play much at center, which is what the Hawks need.

Quote:

...you could call it the Wally effect, though I prefer to call it the, "Bryce Drew" effect.

if you have no idea what I'm talking about then you're making my point already!

What's happened to ole Bryce? I remember the big shot and that he made the pros...but haven't heard much lately. Is he out of the league?

Quote:

you could call it the Wally effect, though I prefer to call it the, "Bryce Drew" effect.

*That's* the name I was trying to think of and couldn't. Bryce could be the poster child for over-hypeage due to NCAA Tournament performance. He's a better example than Sczcerbiak too, cause Wally was and is a much better player.