• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Wouldn't Ivey serve us better not starting?

Wurider05

We need another scorer to start the game. You see how the other team always leaves him open and he misses the shots. While they are leaving him open they are clamping down on Joe defensively. As as well as Joe has been playing lately he maybe playing a little better if we were starting someone more offensively capable than Ivey. I say that we should start Childress at the two or at the one, I have noticed that he plays alittle point. I know that Chillz isn't a lights out shooter but he has to be respected more offensively that Ivey and I doubt that a the other team would leave his open as much as they do Ivey.

Childress is too slow to guard starting 1s or 2s, and he can't play the point on offense at all. He can't create shots for himself or anyone else, he is a finisher.

Last night he looked weak trying to run the point. He gets stripped easily.

Bottom line is the Hawks need to bring in another guard this offseason.

Quote:

We need another scorer to start the game. You see how the other team always leaves him open and he misses the shots. While they are leaving him open they are clamping down on Joe defensively. As as well as Joe has been playing lately he maybe playing a little better if we were starting someone more offensively capable than Ivey. I say that we should start Childress at the two or at the one, I have noticed that he plays alittle point. I know that Chillz isn't a lights out shooter but he has to be respected more offensively that Ivey and I doubt that a the other team would leave his open as much as they do Ivey.

I doubt Ivey is in the NBA next year. Hopefully the Hawks address their glaring hole at the point guard position in the off-season.

It does not matter what you call him (PG or SG)...this year we would have been better starting Salim (with Lue hurt)with JJ, while JJ does the majority of the ball handling.

Lue should obviously start when healthy, but JJ should continue to dominate the ball handling.

I disagree. I think Salim's lack of ball handling and indifferent defense make him a liability on the court when he is not hitting his shots, which has been the norm of late. Again, best case scenario for Salim is that he becomes a Vinnie Johnson type offensive weapon of the bench. Absent that, he will have a Tony Delk/Eddie House/Fred Hoiberg type career.