• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Diesel's thought on the Piston's game.

Diesel

• Premium Member

My thoughts are very simple..

Sobering.

JJ got off to a slow start. The Pistons got hot. They took a big lead. We fought trying to get back.

Last night showed...

we need a PG who can score.

without a PG, we can be pressed right out of our offense.

With Ivey on the floor, they play off Ivey and let him miss shots.

It was sad to see Detroit Let Ivey get a steal so that Ben Wallace can ruthlessly block Ivey's shot.

Jsmoove is not ready to be a post player

JSmoove was very uncomfortable looking trying to post up. He was also uncomfortable looking when Detroit forced him to his right hand. I like the fact that JSmoove has a good touch on his shot. I hope he works equally hard at his low post scoring. He's molding into a Sf right now.

JChillz has big boi game

Was it me or is it that JChillz looks more and more like Scottie Pippen. Seriously. He has the ability to drive. They kept calling him a slasher and that's what he does. He puts the ball on the floor and goes through traffic for scores. That's nice. Right now, he doesn't pass as well as JSmoove... and JSmoove doesn't drive as well as JChillz. It's a nice combo with more time.

Al's offense was working.

In the first quarter, I thought Al was going to outscore the Pistons by himself.

Woody has to play more people

Our guys were tired. Especially JJ...trying to chase Rip. We should have played Donta more and Lang should have gotten some playing time. Edwards got what... 1 msec of time.. I was actually looking forward to seeing how Edwards game has progressed.

In the first half, we were missing all type of gimme points, making passes that were behind the player we were passing to and just doing a whole lot of lazy bball.. and Detroit capitalized on everything we did wrong.. That was the story of the game.

• Premium Member

The 12 first half turnovers happened with JJ on the floor.

In fact, JJ had a couple himself. Namely the double dribble and the pass that floated over Chillz' head.

We just need a PG who is not an offensive liability.

Quote:

The 12 first half turnovers happened with JJ on the floor.

Since JJ hardly ever leaves the game isn't that kind of obvious?

JJ definitely needs help in the backcourt. As good of a playmaker as he is he is still vulnerable to ball pressure, and Ivey obviously can't make other teams pay for pressuring JJ.

• Moderators

I'm really confused how we can not play Edwards, Lang, Batista, Donta any minutes when we are so short handed.

I realize we need a better bench but who knows it these guys are any good if they don't get time. This is garbage time for the season.

Lue's injured.

Agreed that we have to give the bench more time, esp. the three bigs we have just sitting there. We aren't going to win with JJ being tired in the fourth. He needs rest so that he can explode in the 4th not the first. Same with Harrington. Al comes out fast and then usually fades as the game goes on. Rest these guys.

Give Batman time at the 4 and 5 not just the 5. Edwards needs time as well. Woody is too caught up in winning right now, every possesion it seems, to manage the game properly.