• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks will get their big man in the draft.

KB21

Everything I've been hearing ever since this weekend has some big guys moving up and into the lottery. Joakim Noah's stock has skyrocketed to the point that he may be a legitimate candidate for the #1 overall pick.

You have LaMarcus Aldridge, who has been rated that high all year long. If he got edged out by Noah at the top, he wouldn't be a bad option at all.

The guy that I just heard mentioned as a possible mid-lottery pick is Patrick O'Bryant from Bradley. I'm a little mixed on him. I think he has potential, but there seems to be a big Michael Olowokandi type of downside with him. He's an option though.

Another guy who may have positioned himself into the lottery is Roy Hibbert from Georgetown. He's your more traditional 7'2", 280 lbs center. He's got good footwork around the basket and has really improved, but he can't run the floor for crap.

I can really see Billy Knight being enamoured with Joakim Noah, a 7 footer that runs the floor like a guard, and is multi-skilled. He impacts the game on both ends of the floor, has the potential to be a tremendous shot blocker, and an all around stat sheet stuffer. A big, versatile, long, and athletic center prospect.

I agree with you, the draft is where you get your Bigs. But it is going to depend a lot on who declares. If any one or two of the group of Noah, Aldridge, Thomas, Bargnani or O'Bryant does not declare and we are picking at or around the sixth spot I don't think BK has a choice but to start looking at PGs (and I hope no one brings up Morrison, he will not be pushing any Bigs our way in the draft, I see him landing out of the top ten.)

As luck would have it though, 4 out of the 5 players mentioned are still being showcased in the Tournament, and may reconsider staying in school. Hope they keep moving up.

ESPN has updated the Draft Generator thing, and has the Hawks taking Noah at #1, and also has him available for the Hawks if they drop as low as #6. Now all they need is to pick up Chris Paul, and Woddy can make a playoff guarantee to the season ticket holders. Nothing personal, Marv.

P.S. i've seen Joel Pryzbyla mentioned a couple of times on this board as an off season possibility. He left the team, and didn't want to discuss coming back. He's not an option. Plus, he sucks.

Prz left the team in the middle of the season? That's news to me.

I thought he was a ufa and left AFTER the season, as ufa's are prone to do. Especially when the team they play for has no coach, ownership in transition, and only a couple of players under contract for next season.

Prz strength is interior defense, so you're right he would be a lousy fit in Atlanta.

I must be the only person on this board that thinks Noah will not be starting caliber player in the pros. He is a great hustle player with decent athleticism. He has no real basketball skills and his narrow shoulders suggest he is as big as he is going to get. IMO he will not be a center in this league at all and should be a late first round pick. I think it is a big reach to suggest we will address our big man needs in this upcoming draft.