• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Star on the Rise Big Numbers in March J Smoove

SmooveTheFuture

In the Month of the March even after the break this kid is really showing alot people wat hes capable of becoming a complete team player. Factor in No plays are called for this kid hes not playing downlow where his rebounds , Blocks and FG% would be alot higher if he was at the 4 he could pretty much avg a double double night nearly 7 Rbs a night playing SF is impressive.

Points 14.2

Rebounds 7.5

Assists 3.8

Blocks 2.6

FG% 50.0

3 Point $ 43.3

FT% .735

Those are some pretty impressive numbers from a guy whose even the 4th option on this team. Only 20 years of age and not even the main focus of the offense. Once he gets a bigger role on offense and these types of minutes its gonna be scary how good this kid is gonna be because hes already shown hes willing to work on his game and he has ton of heart. Those are 2 big things you look from a young player to become a big time player in the league.

Is this a Hawks board or Josh Smith board???

Obviously Smith because you did not mention our Wins and looses in those games.

We lost like 5 out of 6 so it doesn't really matter just keep it to your self. mad.gif

Oh yeah it helps a lot when you play 40 min per game.

I am not really impressed!!

With that kind of athletic ability he should be averaging like 15rpg not 7 like Al.

I agree those are solid numbers from Josh Smith. He was actually putting up better numbers last year at this point, but those are solid numbers nontheless.

What's interesting is when you put it in terms of per 40 minute production.

Josh's production based on that is 14.3 P/40 and 7.6 R/40.

What's interesting is this. Here are Marvin Williams's per forty minute production from the month of March: 14.3 P/40 and 9.9 R/40.

Marvin is having the best month of his young career on a per 40 minute basis. His scoring average is down slightly from the month of February, but his per 40 minute scoring average is up. As Marvin regains the confidence in that picture perfect, textbook jumper of his, those numbers will continue to go up.

Amazing how you and KB can turn a post praising Josh Smith - a guy who is actually producing on the court - into an opportunity to denigrate a 20 year olds accomplishments while at the same time hype your favorite player.

For the record - WE ALL GET IT! YOU BOTH THINK MARVIN IS GREAT. NO NEED TO TURN EVERY POST INTO A THINLY VEILED MARVIN HYPE FEST!!!!!!

• Admin

Are you Hawks fan or just a Marvin Williams fan? Because we have a BAD TEAM, it means that everyone stats are insignificant unless we win? That's a rather stupid thing to suggest. Especially if you want to pass yourself off as a Hawks fan.

Stop acting like a childish hater because you ignorantly believe that Josh's success is Marvins failure.

I always talk about hawks in every post and Marvin is not my favorite Hawk. I am just defending him because people say he was a bust and will always be(like Diesel said). Actualy Joe is my favorite player and i am just pissed of at this guy SmooveTheFuture talking about Josh Smith in every post he makes that's all.

I never liked to pick one player and root for him and not the team.

• Premium Member

Read here.

Quote:

Will Marvin be a Bust?

What's your point of view..

I have defined my point of view several times, I will restate it for those who don't know. Marvin will be a BUST FOR THE HAWKS if He is not head and shoulders better than Deron, Paul, and Smoove.

There is however another point of view. If you are looking at a Bust according to his Pick. Well, being 2nd overall, he should be better than 9 of the 10 people in the top 10.

There is a last point of view which I am sure that MOST Hawksqauwkers have adopted.. Marvin will NOT be a bust if he can score over 12 ppg and get more than 5 rpg while playing 30 minutes.

Remember, I have always said that Marvin will be another Tim Thomas... I think I also used another Sf who is playing in the league... That's not a slight. I just don't think Marvin will be the superstar that his hype makes him out to be. IN short, Marvin would have been a pretty good pick at 9-14.. But he's not worthy of the 2 pick overall in my eyes.. Not with Deron and Paul on the board.

Quote:

Marvin will be a BUST FOR THE HAWKS if He is not head and shoulders better than Deron, Paul, and Smoove.

Not sure why he has to be "head and shoulders" better than all of them. If he's clearly worse than all of them, then a bust is reasonable. If he's better than those guys by any margin at all, how could he be a bust?

• Premium Member

I think there is some wiggle room in the argument of Wade vs. Mello. Some would say that Mello is still better for what he does than Wade.

Remember, People were calling Darko a bust after his first year... The basis was because Bosh, Wade, and Mello were so much better than him then. Were the pundits wrong in using that as their basis?

• Premium Member

Actually, head and shoulders better than the rest of the field was a terminology that was developed by people who stood by BPA sayings about Marvin during draft time. Look at the SCOUT10.

The scout was one of the first to use this as a measure of what we should expect from Marvin being that we were already loaded at the Sf/PF positions and we needed a PG.

Quote:

I always talk about hawks in every post and Marvin is not my favorite Hawk. I am just defending him because people say he was a bust and will always be(like Diesel said). Actualy Joe is my favorite player and i am just pissed of at this guy SmooveTheFuture talking about Josh Smith in every post he makes that's all.

I never liked to pick one player and root for him and not the team.

Oh ok so your name is MW24 because your name is Michael Walters and you are 24 years old...I get it now.

Quote:

Remember, People were calling Darko a bust after his first year... The basis was because Bosh, Wade, and Mello were so much better than him then. Were the pundits wrong in using that as their basis?

People will call someone a bust before they get drafted, only history will prove them right or wrong.

For every Darko, Kwame, and Kandi, there is a Jermaine Oneal, Tmac, and KG. It is not always clear when to call someone a bust, particularly when they are teenagers when they are drafted.

weren't you one of those claiming that Darko WASN'T a bust and that you couldn't compare him to those others players/measure him by their success?

How many people are you thinking like Melo over Wade? I LIKE Melo, and I'm not that much of a Wade fan....but I'd never make the statement that Melo is better...

Quote:

How many people are you thinking like Melo over Wade? I LIKE Melo, and I'm not that much of a Wade fan....but I'd never make the statement that Melo is better...

Yeah, I let that one slide, but if anyone maintains that Melo is better than Wade they are in a distinct minority.