• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

What the Hawks will do, what the Hawks should do.

Diesel

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, there should be expectations.

Marvin's performance has been below my EXPECTATIONS so far in his career. I EXPECTED him to average 10 pts. and 5 reb. and to play with tenacity.

If I had to grade out his rookie season, I'd give him a C+, maybe a B for his overall performnace so far.

For the first half of his season I think he ranged in the D to C range, mstly around a C-.

Since January I think he's been somewhere in the C+ to B+ range.

His steady improvement over the course of the season keeps me from freaking out about his future and trusting the fact that he will continue to develop along the curve at the rate he's been going since day one. Having followed him for a long time I should have EXPECTED his developmnt to come along slowly, but my excitement got ahead of me. I know that Marvin moves along at his own pace, not someone else's. He went to college because he didn't think he was ready for the NBA. He had that option, but made a different decision. I wish he were killing people every night, but I know that I need to be patient.

Honestly I've really been disappointed with his movement without the ball and his lack of tenacity going after rebounds. These were strengths for him in college, and I EXPECTED them to be strengths in the NBA. I EXPECT that with added strength and endurance from offseason workouts as well as a season under his belt to learn the NBA game, he'll again be that fully active player that he was last season.