We should just stay the course.

Diesel

• Premium Member

No big trades.

No strange signings..

Just pick up a big like Aldridge.

Resign Al.

and stay the course.

Maybe our failing this year was due to injury.

Maybe when we get Lue Back playing the point, we will be much much better.

You know there was a stretch there when Lue, Chillz, and Salim were playing that we didn't look like a crap sandwhich.

Since then, Smoove's game has gotten better and Marvin is up to 15 ppg.

Maybe we should just stay the course and hope for the best..

Pick up two big guys in the draft like Aldridge and

Yemi Nicholson or Craig Smith or J Batista in the second round and just stay the course...

Save our cash payday for our own free agents...

Yep.. that's what we should do..

our team:

Aldridge/Al/Smoove/JJ/Lue

how before the trade deadline you argued against trading Al in part because you said they would just be tanking the season.

Well they didn't trade Al, and the season is going into the tank.

So do you still think the Hawks can make the playoffs?

From ealier post I got the impression that Anderson would not be in a Hawks uniform next year. If he is, your idea may have added merit.

I guess it is too early to expect the young guard Cink we took last year to be ready to contribute?

Even so, a stragic pickup of a FA could be huge.

• Premium Member

Quote:

how before the trade deadline you argued against trading Al in part because you said they would just be tanking the season.

Well they didn't trade Al, and the season is going into the tank.

So do you still think the Hawks can make the playoffs?

Pretty solid logic. (Diesel is really taking it in the chin here lately, eh?).

If we resign AL the entire FO should be fired....why would you pay that money to a one dimensional inconsistent player when what he contributes can be easily gotten from Chillz Marvin and Smoove.....while needing to spend money on real bigs....just does not make sense.

Al does not play D ....does not pass well, nor rebound and the majority of his shots are jump shots.

Why would you pour money into a player like that?

• Premium Member

I really doubt that we see Andersen or Cink anytime soon. However, I just think we build the continuity that we have, we move forward by getting some true bigs. IN due time, we will have the ability to trade away Al or any of our Sf class but really, right now, none of them are ready to step up and be 20 ppg players consistently and honestly, if they were, what's the problem with having 3 guys who is capable of 20 until the rest mature?

Last night, in interview, Woody made me believe that getting Al back was something that the Hawks was looking to do...

The bigs are starting to drop out of the draft.

Luckily for us, it's not expected that Charlotte will take another big... So we should probably take whoever is there.. weather it be: Aldridge, Thomas, or S. Williams. Truly, I see more potential in Thomas than in Williams but if all we have is Williams, I guess we should take him..

• Premium Member

You know ex..

You're the only one who makes it hard to have a reasonable discussion with on this board.

I lay out a very simple plan..

and your first comment is:

He's sarcastic..

nonono.gif

And you want to paint me as difficult?

Quote:

Maybe when we get Lue Back playing the point, we will be much much better.

You know there was a stretch there when Lue, Chillz, and Salim were playing that we didn't look like a crap sandwhich.

So this wasn't sarcastic? I believe that about as much as I believe in Santa.

• Premium Member

I say we continue the Joe Johnson experiment except, we bring in a guy who can be our PG just in case... Tyron Lue.

I still think that JJ's best position is the SG, but if JJ playing PG will put Chillz on the floor... I'm for it.

We should just get Aldridge or S. Williams or Noah... whoever is in the draft and mold them.

Last night, I was watching Pollard. They called him a do the dirty work big man. I think we need that sometimes. We need a guy who can come in and do the dirty work. If it's not Edwards, then maybe we should strive for one of these Short PF types like Batista or E. Williams out of the draft's 2nd round... to go along with Esteban..

to resign Al. Al is not good enough to pay him franchise player type money but he is a solid, young vet who has NBA skills and a good attitude. If we can bring him back for say $8M a season to start, I think there would be something to be said for continuity. In addition, he could always be traded later because that would be a reasonable contract for his level of production. Also, he could be retained and one of the other young guys could be traded to fill a need.

That said, I think paying him $10M a season to start would be a mistake because he would be FAR more difficult to trade later and that extra $2M a season would not allow us to do much in free agency next year.

I would PREFER to see Al traded for a good YOUNG classic PF, Center or PG but I would resign him if I couldn't get any of those things and he would resign for the right price.

• Premium Member

I think it's a good transitional move especially being that the young players don't seem consistent even with consistently increasing minutes and there is a very good offensive partnership growing with AL and JJ.