• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Al Has Officially Replaced JT As The Board's Scape

Traceman

Diesel, the problem isn't that you don't praise Marvin for the ordinary, its that you feel the need to criticize him when others are giving him credit.

His numbers have been up, still very inconsistent (that goose egg on the boards the other night makes me sick), but he's been playing well. Some people are excited that our top draft pick is showing improvement. Some of us DO SEE that crazy potential everyone got excited about around draft time. You don't. That's fine, but here's what happens.

Either

A) you start a thread to prove why Marvin was the wrong pick, even though its "nothing against marvin"

or

B) you enter a thread where people are giving him props and you have to argue every point that's made, not necessarily bashing him, but denying anything positive about him.

...Once this happens people attack you because they're sick and tired of the same crap. If we ever read things about Marvin that were positive, we might be more interested in your criticisms. But you seem to have this agenda, some kind of mission, and you'll never change course. People get frustrated and attack you.

...then you play the victim, and act like we're all blind sheep just following th hype machine. You're the one that makes it contentious in the first place, so no one has any sympathy for your whining. If there's a positive comment made about Marvin, why not just ignore it?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

goat for all our problems. The only difference is that Diesel hated JT and likes Al.

Both guys are very good players with flawed games who can be key contributors on a good team but neither is good enough to be THE MAN on a good team. As a result, the board blames all things bad on their shortcomings while failing to acknowledge the things that they do well. Watch Al either get traded to another team or leave as a FA and become a key contributor on a championship contender just as JT has.

I think our best chance for longterm success is to draft a superstar (hopefully it will be Smoove, Marvin or whoever we get in this year's draft) to go along with JJ and then surround the superstar and JJ with guys like Al, Chillz, JT and whoever doesn't become a superstar between between Smoove and Marvin.

Yup. It will be interesting to see who will take Al's place if he is not resigned.

We all know that Marvin should be "THE MAN" because he was the #2 pick. I mean so what if he's 19. Look at LeBron and Carmelo, they were FAR better than Marvin at 19. If Marvin can't average 20/10 next year, he needs to go.

As for JJ, he's a decent player and all but he is definitely not worth $70M and two #1's. I mean, he's no Wade or Kobe. We could have had Boris Diaw and a #20 pick this year instead of JJ, plus caproom to go after two of the top 3 unrestricted FA like Jason Terry and Al Harrington.

Right now a lot of people are making excuses for Zaza but the fact is he is a major reason the Hawks interior D is the worst in the league. He also shoots poorly thanks to getting his shot blocked all the time and he is turnover prone.

I just hope they get someone to start in front of him.

Quote:

We all know that Marvin should be "THE MAN" because he was the #2 pick. I mean so what if he's 19. Look at LeBron and Carmelo, they were FAR better than Marvin at 19. If Marvin can't average 20/10 next year, he needs to go.

As for JJ, he's a decent player and all but he is definitely not worth $70M and two #1's. I mean, he's no Wade or Kobe. We could have had Boris Diaw and a #20 pick this year instead of JJ, plus caproom to go after two of the top 3 unrestricted FA like Jason Terry and Al Harrington.

Marvin should be doing 11/5 next year.

• Premium Member

It will easily be JC.

Hell, the possee has already loaded up their boats to go and get JC out of Atlanta.

He's not 19.

Some say he's not better than AI.

They will want to get rid of JC to make more room for MW.

Quote:

It will easily be JC.

Hell, the possee has already loaded up their boats to go and get JC out of Atlanta.

He's not 19.

Some say he's not better than AI.

They will want to get rid of JC to make more room for MW.

You could be right. People will complain if they think he is taking minutes from Marvin or Smoove, even if he outperforms them.

• Premium Member

I can hear it now..

JC has a really good game.. then Dakin or Luefan or somebody will come out and say..

"we need to get rid of JC. He is at the top of his potential. He's too old. His contract is coming up. He's taking time away from Marvin. You know Marvin is only 20 years old."...

Funny how you keep bringing me up in threads I am not posting in.

Speaking of Chill I think he could fit in well here. If the Hawks could play at a faster pace that will open up more opportunities for him on offense, since he can't really create for himself.

I was thinking that since next years free agent class is a big one there may not be many teams under the cap when the Joshs become RFAs. The Hawks may have them by the short hairs come contract time.

The fact is that Harrington is 1 dimensional. He's a very good but not great scorer, Below average rebounder, and non-existant defender. I'd love him as a 6th man, and I could live with him as a small forward I guess.

However, we don't need to be building around him as part of our core. Hell, Ken Norman could put up 18 a game, but that doesn't make it smart to give him a huge contract. If we sign this guy to basically play out of position, we'll regret it. Also, you have to expect Marvin to turn into an equally efficient scorer.

Quote:

I'll take JJ over all that other crap, thank you. Not often you can acquire a top 30-40 NBA player as young as JJ. The price was high and fair.

I was making light of the fact that the board's 2 biggest scapegoats since we have began rebuilding are universally considered to be the 2nd best (Al) and 3rd best (JT) unrestricted FAs on the market after Ben Wallace. Perhaps it is not that those guys are bad players so much as the board has unrealistic expectations of them.

I was also making light of the fact that many people said we overpaid to get JJ. Soon enough, he will become a scapegoat for some as well.