• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Big Baby

Rexhawk

• Premium Member

I think it depends on Big Baby's commitment.

I think when you consider that Big Baby lost 50 lbs before the season... It makes sense that he's committed.

However, I would still like to see Big Baby one on one with Jackie Butler.

Add another 6'9 player? Don't get me wrong, I like Big Baby's skill level and quick feet, however, weight is always going to be an issue with him. He loves to eat, and he's not bashful about that. I read an article about how he dropped 30 pounds strictly for this season and it's practically killing him. He misses his three Big Mac's, two large Fries, Large soda, and sundae dessert (this was actually documented as normal for him prior to the season).

Granted right now he looks good, but you can predict off season binges that result in coming into training camps way overweight and out of shape. It will take him the first quarter of a season just to get his body in game shape. Not to mention, sustaining this over 82 games. LSU has played what, 32? At times, he looks tired on the floor now and he supposed to be in the best shape of his life.

Very good skills, but would be a mistake to draft him that high for the Hawks. Dude should be a left guard in the NFL, with those feet.

ahead of Aldridge. I think Big Baby has TREMENDOUS upside and he could be the next Zach Randolph but there is also a chance that he will be the next Tractor Traylor. With Aldridge, I think worst case, you get Channing Frye and best case, a less athletic Chris Bosh.

Everything I've read tells me he's committed to losing more weight, and I love his attitude. He wants to play the best and beat the best.

Once he gets in the league, it is definitely a concern, and always will be. But if we slipped or traded down, I think he'd be great to have.

Not the "answer" at the 5. But his 6'9" is completely different from any 6'9" that we've ever had. If he can convert more chub to muscle, he'll hold his own in the NBA.

If we can trade down and get Davis and Marcus W., or another player with PG ability, I'd be all for it.

If I had to choose between Davis and Lamarcus, I'd still take Lamarcus. Why can't there be a combo of the both of them???

edit: had Davis at first as my preference, freudian slip???

I love his skill level but his conditioning is an issue. Also he may not be as tall as listed. All that said I think he would be a great addition to the Hawks as he would be a true honest-to-goodness power forward with a back to the basket game.

He would fill a need for need for the team in the absence of Al but he doesn't fill either of the two biggest needs (i.e., defensive interior presence and point guard).

For instance, NO/OK their own pick (currently 13th) and the Bucks' pick (currently 18th). If we traded #4 for #13 and #18, it is not out of the realm of possibility that Williams could be there at 13 and Big Baby at 18. That said, I probably wouldn't do the deal until AFTER Williams was still on the board at #13.

• Premium Member

That might be the best plan

Marcus Williams.

I don't know if we will be in position for Aldridge.

I think Big Baby is late first early second round material.

I think that we might be able to make a pitch for Nene and AL...

Quote:

he's a hell of a good rebounder. he can CLEAR some space like no other

The clearing space aspect is what I like most about his game. Hawks could use someone like that.

I think the NBA is really caught up in the whole "length" thing right now but girth can be a very valuable physical asset as well. That type of girth makes it easier to create space for a shot and it makes it more difficult for the shotblockers to get a piece of his shot.

It doesn't mean much but DraftExpress predicts Big Baby going in the second round (#35) where we could get him with a second. We'll see how that changes after this weekend.

I would like Roy with the 1st pick, but Williams would be fine also.

i've been on his bandwagon for a few weeks now, but I think Big Baby Davis could be a solid pickup for us in the later 1st rounds or if he falls to the 2nd round. I don't think he is starting material for us at center but heck, i think of a combo of him and ZaZa would be solid enough for us. But don't get me wrong, we'd need to get a Lemarcus, Nene, or Noah along with that. Davis could play backup at center and PF.