• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Big Baby

Rexhawk

His skill set is what makes me believe in this guy so much if he could lose maybe 10 lbs. I believe as far as prospect goes he's no.1, imo. Just watch how agile he is to be that big. He has good handles a wide body and grabs boards plus he can really score. Lamarcus Aldrige really disappointed me and I hope the Hawks don't pick this guy. The best fit's are:

Tyrus Thomas- Unbelievable leaper. Defense is what seperates him. Shut down Lamarcus and had him scared to take a shot. Needs to add weight,bad. Fits Hawks to a tee as a f/c.

Bargnani- Though I don't like Euro's as draft choices though BK screwed the Hawks on Gasol,BKnight,and Lo Wright/SAR trade he seems to have alot of Dirk like qualities. BK like's Euro's but his D is questionable from what I hear.

......and my pick

Big Baby- Their's just something about this kid, he has really impressed me with his skills in the tourny. If we pass on this kid I think we could be making a mistake. I like Thomas as well so we'll see what happens.

Marcus Williams is every bit as good as Deron Williams with more upside.

Also Babcock really screwed us after the Smitty,Blaylock and Deke years. Those teams were unbelievabley good especially the first year Laetner was here and Deke was what Ben Wallace is today. Ok enough venting.

Quote:

Resign Al, sign Nene (or Wilcox) and call it a day.

Nene/Zaza/Edwards (or Batista)

Al/Big Baby

Smoove/Marvin

JJ/Chillz/Salim

Williams/Lue

(or Batista) is the question.

Bsasketball players here in uruguay are people whit an education above the average.

Batista was signed for Real Madrid and a year after choses to come back to Uruguay. Then he came to the Hawks, but he is not happy with the Hawks, so will probabily returns to Uruguay.

I know that some of his teamates told him to be patient, but he just want to play, and if was about the money he would have stay at Spain.

So we need to start to think in a player for a F/C position

How do you know Este is unhappy with the Hawks? He really should have spent half of the season in the NBDL to further develop his game. He isn't ready for the NBA just yet. I doubt the Hawks pickup his option for next season unlessen the Hawks get the bigs they need in Free Agency then they might let him play in the D-league where he can get all the playing time he wants plus get his $500,000dollars the hawks would pay him if they decide to pick up the option.

You wouldn't rather have Hilton Armstrong & Marcus Williams if we traded down?Hilton can block shots and run the floor. We don't need offense from our center position. I haven't watched Big Baby play but 6'8 Centers aren't worth a mid 1stround pick IMO. If he is available in the 2ndround at pick 34(I think we will have) then I would take him in a heartbeat.

whoever drafts big baby will drop an extra 100,000 on his own personal trainer. You know, one of those who only trains HIM 6 days a week but a couple times a day. One, who knows nutrition well and can monitor his eating habits. Its well worth the investment on someone like that to hire a trainer for them. I would love to take 100k a year to make one person a finely tuned machine. The question is this...where to I turn in my resume?

He's a great college basketball player, but he has some size limitations on his ability in the NBA. He's 6'7" at the most, and that is going to hurt him. He does have skills, and if he were 6'10", he'd be the top overall pick. You cannot discount the size limiations though. Unless he is the second coming of Charles Barkley, I don't see him doing much in the NBA.

I really think this guy is not playing the sport he can go pro in, and that sport is football. This guy was unreal as a defensive lineman and running back (yes, running back) coming out of high school. With his size and feet, Glen Davis would make an excellent left tackle prospect for football.

Is more a rumour than a news. But it was told by a journalist here durant a transmission of one of the hawks games a couple of months ago.

Maybe i wasn't clear. He is happy to be in NBA, and he is also happy with his teammates.

The problem for him is that he wanna play more minutes, and i agree with you that he is not ready yet to have more minutes and that he should have played in NBDL (that was the offer he received from the warriors).

So far just rumours, but considerating who said that i think there is a 80% truth.

According to this journalist his teammates said to Esteban to be patient and to wait for the next season.

I thought the same thing until I saw him and Tyrus Thomas side by side several times during the tournament..If anything Big Baby is a little taller than Thomas..He is just so wide he looks shorter on the court..If anything, the knock on Davis may be his leaping ability..He is definately not a high riser and that may hurt him on the defensive end.

Some mock drafts like the one at nbadraft.net have him going #19 overall. Other mock drafts like draftexpress.com have him going #45 overall.

I truly think it will depend on his workouts, his interviews and most importantly, how tall he measures.

Workouts can make a HUGE difference in both basketball and football. For instance, I think Lendale White's stock went WAY down based on his recent workout. He weighed in at 247 lbs, he benched 225 lbs "only" 15 times and he didn't run the 40 citing a hamstring problem. If I'm a GM, I'm not even considering taking him with a top 15 pick now. He might even drop to the 2nd round or below. How can you not be in shape when it is time for your workout? I see red flags everywhere.

I would honestly think it may be in his best interest to go in the draft this year. His stock is fairly high, and the rest of the LSU team (other than TT) may not be good enough to get back to the big stage next year.

He won't start out making as much money, but will be paid next year instead of playing for free. Also, wherever he goes he's gonna be a media favorite and should attract endorsements easily.

Add to that, if he does have diet/weight problems, he will get better help with a pro team that is invested in his future.

Personally, I think he could be a great "regular season" player. That's not to say he won't be good in the playoffs - only that night-in/night-out he will be a force in the paint and some opponents might not be too interested in flying into the lane if they are concerned about him being there. He'll need good talent around him - but most do.

• Premium Member

He knows that he's not good size for the NBA and in the NBA it's all about size.

The NBA values size over skill.

So for Big Baby to go back, lose more weight and become a more suitable Pf is a good thing.