• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Batman had a nice game

pathway23

8 pts , 12 reb, 2 blk in 31 minutes, with only 4 PFs. Not bad!

if Al or Smoove had showed up tonight we would have won, Al was only 4-14 and Smoove 3-12 from the field. I don't like how Smoove has fallen in love with the 3 point shot, he should be trying to get offensive rebounds and play closer to the paint sometimes

Edwards was PATHETIC , only 1 reb in 14 min from the starting center? sheesh...

• Premium Member

This game was all about the fourth quarter..

and really the refs gave the game to NJ on a BS call. I think the game was going to Overtime no doubt.

Donta had a good game. Makes me wonder... why do we have all these Sfs?

Diesel, honestly, the thread's about Batista having his best game of the season, and you change the subject to the SF argument. Agenda? wink.gif

Since you brought it up, Donta did have a good game too. Is there anyone who thinks he and JJ could be a starting backcourt?

Obviously we have too many SFs, but I'd rather have too many SFs - all cheap and young - than none. Billy has a lot of pieces to make some moves, here's to hoping he uses them to balance out the squad. We should consider trading ANY of them for the right player in return.

Batista is a long term hold. He has the toughness we need off the bench. He needs more time to figure out what the NBA game, but its great seeing him step up when he's needed.

• Premium Member

Donta playing the 1 makes me laugh.

Another reason we lost the game was 4th quarter ball handling miscues by JJ and Donta.

Donta is not a one.

Maybe a 2/3 mix if there is ever such a thing.

I just mentioned that Donta looked good. I don't expect him to repeat his three point shot.. but the drive to the whole passed Collier was a beauty to behold and I think he can do it again.

It makes me wonder, why didn't anybody consider all the potential we had at the SF position last year draft time..

Josh Smith - Look at him now.

Donta Smith = good potential.

Boris Diaw = should be MIP.

and I believe JChillz is a SF but for those who follow BK's fantasy of JChillz being a SG...

All that potential at the Sf and we went off to draft another and pass up the best PG in the draft in the last 20 years.

Quote:

All that potential at the Sf and we went off to draft another and pass up the best PG in the draft in the last 20 years.

That is really an original point of view. I think I speak for the rest of the board when I say thank you for bringing this to light. We probably never would have thought of this without you.

Quote:

Donta playing the 1 makes me laugh.

Another reason we lost the game was 4th quarter ball handling miscues by JJ and Donta.

Donta is not a one.

Maybe a 2/3 mix if there is ever such a thing.

I just mentioned that Donta looked good. I don't expect him to repeat his three point shot.. but the drive to the whole passed Collier was a beauty to behold and I think he can do it again.

It makes me wonder, why didn't anybody consider all the potential we had at the SF position last year draft time..

Josh Smith - Look at him now.

Donta Smith = good potential.

Boris Diaw = should be MIP.

and I believe JChillz is a SF but for those who follow BK's fantasy of JChillz being a SG...

Best PG prospect in 20 years? So I guess, that A.I, Kidd, Marbury, are just chopped liver? Please slowly remove your hand from Chris Paul's nutsack.

• Premium Member

AI = PG??? Please!!!

Paul will be better than Marbury by next year. He already makes his team better which is something that Marbury either can't do or don't do.

Kidd didn't come out the gate the way that Paul has. Kidd did win a share of ROY.. but if you had to compare Kidd's rookie year with Paul's rookie year, I think Paul would win the ROY over Kidd.

Batman did have a good game (along with Grundy, JSmoove, and D. Smith) and is one of our more entertaining players to watch. He is the most physical player we have had for many years. IMO he could round into a solid b/u.

I can't watch Carter without thinking about how Lenny damaged his game. Carter's horrible shot selection from the perimeter was a big reason we got back into the game last night. Carter is a natural 3 who Lenny "made" into a 2. Now, Carter is in love with the 3 point shot and playing out of the paint. As a 3 he would slash more often and use his incredible athletic ability in the paint far more often. The Nets love for the perimeter might be their undoing in the playoffs.

• Premium Member

From his biography...

Quote:

Toronto just missed the final playoff slot, but Vince was recognized for his remarkable effort when he was named Rookie of the Year, garnering 113 of 118 votes. He averaged 18.3 points and 5.7 rebounds a game, while dishing out three assists. He was lost on defense sometimes, but usually made up for it with his quickness and jumping ability.

Toward the end of the year, Vince exhibited a little more dimension to his game, canning some classy pull-up jumpers and finding a bit more consistency from the perimeter. He finished strong, averaging more than 20 a game in April.

Guest Walter

Quote:

Obviously we have too many SFs, but I'd rather have too many SFs - all cheap and young - than none.

THAT isn't the question. The question is not "too many or none" it's "too many or the right amount of Sfs and talent at other positions".

Quote:

Billy has a lot of pieces to make some moves, here's to hoping he uses them to balance out the squad. We should consider trading ANY of them for the right player in return.

You are assuming Billy wants to make moves rather than play with 4 Sfs and a white center on the court AND you're assuming that if we do make moves we get anywhere near the value of the draft pick/player in return. Anyone out there think we'd get a #2 pick for Marvin NOW? Doubtful. This strategy of drafting forward projects only either will doom us to a team without the necessary skill sets, trading seeming positional versatility for for a lack of skill versatility, while also not allowing everyone to develop how and where they should or it will mean less value for our overflow at forward. There is not a likelihood of more good coming out of this inane mad scientist philosophy.

W