• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

JSmoove

codyatl

real. In fact, I will be surprised if he is in Minny beyond next saeason. Whether he would be traded to us is an entirely different issue.

As for our team's ability to add talent around KG and JJ, that would not be easy (I would ask that Minny swap first round picks with us rather than us just giving them ours) but it could be done. In addition, we would still have Chillz, Salim, T Lue, Donta and Batista (and perhaps a pick if Minny would swap #1s). Besides, with KG in the lineup, you could probably start Salim or Chillz in the backcourt with JJ because KG would bring an extra ballhandler to the court.

Salim (or Chillz)

JJ

Smoove

KG

Zaza

would be an interesting team to watch. Championship caliber? It would likely depend on how well Smoove, Chiilz, Zaza and Salim develop. If Smoove becomes an All Star caliber SF, who knows?

Quote:

So KG being traded is a dream of the media, like Chris Bosh playing in Chicago, or Lebron playing in NY or LA

Those scenarios are not even CLOSE to similar. NOT EVEN CLOSE! What were you thinking? Any of the following 3 reasons would be sufficient to obliterate your comparison.

1) Bosh and 'Bron are EXTREMELY YOUNG PLAYERS. Their teams don't need to trade them. They need to build around them. Both of these guys will get better. They have yet to even enter their respective "prime" years (24-29).

2) Bosh and 'Bron are in the middle of tiny contracts. They are not crippling their teams. Each team can make moves unhindered by their contracts.

3) Bosh and 'Bron each belong to a team that is on the way up. The Cavs are already a darkhorse conference finals contender. The Raptors stink, but they are building through the draft, adding some nice pieces (in spite of Babcock). Bosh is their cornerstone.

NOW, contrast those 3 EXTREMELY IMPORTANT POINTS with the situation of Garnett.

1) He will be 30 next year, and his prime is in the rear-view mirror. He is still a great player, but he will only get worse from here.

2) KG has a massive contract. Minn is hand-cuffed financially to make moves to build around him.

3) Minn is only going to get worse from here unless a miracle happens in the draft. Even then, they couldn't afford to wait on a draft pick to develop into a star to pair with Garnett.

Why does that matter if we plan to SNT Harrington to Minn? The amount we could take back in a trade would be the same whether we traded him or let him walk before we made the trade.

Also, if you want to clear a FA from the books, you can renounce him so that he doesn't count against the cap.

IF Minn can't win with him because he is 30 and has a massive contract..why in the hell would you think that we could win with a 30 year old with a massive contract? Who by the way, plays a position that we don't really need. Our supporting cast would only be minimally better than their supporting cast. But if you want to waste your time with flights of fancy go right on ahead.

• Moderators

Quote:

Our supporting cast would only be minimally better than their supporting cast.

Joe Johnson >> Ricky Davis

Josh Smith >> Marcus Banks

Josh Childress >> Trenton Hassell

Zaza > Mark Blount

Lue = Hassell

etc.

Our guys are younger and better, IMO.

Quote:

IF Minn can't win with him because he is 30 and has a massive contract..why in the hell would you think that we could win with a 30 year old with a massive contract?

Go back and read the post you're replying to. Then tell me where that post said anything about how I think we could win with Garnett. You can't just decide to have a different argument all the sudden. Well, you can, but it's silly.

1) You were comparing Garnett's being traded to the trading of Bosh or 'Bron.

2) I replied that the situations were not comparable.

3) Your rebuttal is "Why would you think we could win with Garnett?"

I would think that a logical reply would be something like "Yes, but Garnett is like Bosh for such and such reason, which you overlook." If you can't think of any reason to argue with any of the points I've made, then just say "Good points, mate" and be done with it.