• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks vs KG...Its On!...pax for tv...chatroom!

f_town

Al has become a Sf, he hardly ever plays in the post anymore. He shoots jumper after jumper and has fallen in love with the 3. He has the shooting percentage of a 2 guard. Diesel is right, we do need a post presence but we do not need Al. It is too bad that we may not get anything for him....Oh well.

• Premium Member

Sorry swole.. but that's not true and that again is not on subject.

first the not true.

In a halfcourt set, Neither JJ nor Zaza can post up their man and score consistently.. Nor do you want your three point shooter trying to post up...

Quote:

If I had an option of posting Al or JJ ...it would be JJ all day long.

So who is JJ going to pass it out to when the double team comes?

I'd rather have a low post scorer who has the second option of JJ for three!!! You know.. that inside Outside game that wins championships? Check Duncan - Horry or Shaq - Horry for a reference.

In a halfcourt set, Neither JJ nor Zaza can post up their man and score consistently..

Neither can Al.

Have u been watching? Al is a jumpshooter.

You make it seem like JJ is our only 3 threat.

JJ is going to pass it to Lue or Chillz....Smoove...Marvin Salim ...after all we are the 7th best three point shooting team... or here is a novel idea how about with all the athletes we have we actually cut to the basket for dunks layups and fouls.....seems to work when Al is not in the game, I wonder why?

We don't have to be team that constantly throws the ball in the post and then stands and watch.

• Premium Member

Watch the games Swole..

I don't know what you're watching but Al does pass.

In fact...

Al gets more assists than Carlos Boozer, David West, Antwain Jamison, Jermaine Oneal, Zach Randolph, Chris Bosh, Elton Brand, Rasheed Wallace, Dwight Howard, Dirk the great, and Andrew Bogut.

Hell the only starting Pfs that gets more assists than Al are Webber and Gasol... Webber plays with AI and Gasol is a Europlayer.

And you're saying he's not a passer??

I'm laughing at your nonesense.

• Premium Member

Sometimes...

The point is, you can go through all the PFs.. and only 2 of them passes more than AL, yet you claim that Al is holding the ball??

What the hell do you expect when you trade for Boozer and his sorry contract...

That all the sudden Boozer will pass more than Al did?

Like I have said plenty of times... Al and JJ has good chemistry. It's not Duncan to Horry, but it's an inside/outside game.

The point is that Al kills the ball movement. He holds it too long before making his move so the other players wind up standing around. Everyone can see this except you.

FYI Al also makes more turnovers than everyone on your list except O'Neal.

• Premium Member

To me, the fact that it's known that Boozer is injured all the time...

Boozer = 6 yr 68 million and he has a heart condition.

Quote:

was walking into the Delta Center pressroom after the game, opening night, with an NBA scout I've known for years.

"So what do you think of the Jazz this year?" I said.

"I think they need Boozer," he said. "They can be a good team, but they're missing their scorer, their go-to guy."

Oh, him. The $68 million man. The guy who keeps saying he's excited to go, anxious to lead the team. But so far he's exactly where he's been since February — on the injured/inactive list. The Jazz are missing last year's leading scorer, who was supposed to join Andrei Kirilenko and Matt Harpring in taking the team back into the playoffs.

Carlos Boozer keeps saying he wants to play but doesn't want to rush his return too quickly and re-injure himself. So the Jazz are paying him $116,000 a game to wear a business suit and watch from behind the bench.

No longer do fans ask why he isn't around; the surprise is when he actually suits up.

I'd rather have Al who scores more and wants to be on the floor than Boozer...

would you rather that than what happened with Amare? different situations granted...but calling someone out (who does'nt have much an injury history prior tot his does he? and what heart condition?).

I'm playing devil's advocate to a degree here...but...

• Premium Member

I'd rather have a person who has an Allen Iverson like approach to playing.

Warrior like.

Boozer doesn't strike me as a warrior. If we traded for him... fine... but he lacks "heart" to me.

He has conveniently been injured every time they were supposed to go to Cleveland.

Some say that he purposely sits out longer than neccessary with injuries...

I just don't know about Boozer.

Compare to Amare.. Amare has more desire in his left ring finger than Boozer has... To me that means more...

don't get me wrong, I have serious questions about him too and do believe that he is somewhat overpaid and overhyped ~ but he fits the bill of what we're needing (to a degree) and, prior to this year, was generally known for his effort.

Granted, this is in direct contradiction to my loathing of how he handled the Cle. situation, one which still disgruntles me to this day...

Quote:

Just because you hate AL or the thought of keeping Al don't say that we don't need a low post scorer???

That's just not a smart way to try to solve the hawks problems...

"I hate Al".. " We don't need a Low post Scorer"...

The two thoughts are totally unrelated.

The truth is:

We do need a LOW post scorer...

If we lose Al, we lose our only low post scorer.

That's not saying we must keep Al. That's saying that if we want to be competitive, we have to have a low post scorer.

Now Swole..

At this point, you can either be a Hawks fan and agree with me.. or you can let your Al hate continue to make you say foolish lies.

I know nothing about the trade sistem of NBA; and i wanna know if there's any chance for the next year to keep most of our team, trade Al and get Cassel and Gadz? And then we could make Zaza our low post scorer.