• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Without Al

exodus

the Hawks scored 36 pts in the 4th quarter. Does anyone really think they could have done that with Mr. Anti-Clutch playing?

No chance. He would have been getting his isolation plays, forcing up bad shots or turning it over.

Without him they had good ball movement and consistently found the open man. They had 25 assists on the night.

On the other end Minny actually had to earn their points instead of getting uncontested layups. unfortunately they were hitting their jumpers at a high rate but it is hard to do that all game long. However it isn't very hard to shoot a good percentage when you are getting uncontested layups, which they would have gotten if Al was playing.

Quote:

the Hawks scored 36 pts in the 4th quarter. Does anyone really think they could have done that with Mr. Anti-Clutch playing?

No chance. He would have been getting his isolation plays, forcing up bad shots or turning it over.

Without him they had good ball movement and consistently found the open man. They had 25 assists on the night.

On the other end Minny actually had to earn their points instead of getting uncontested layups. unfortunately they were hitting their jumpers at a high rate but it is hard to do that all game long. However it isn't very hard to shoot a good percentage when you are getting uncontested layups, which they would have gotten if Al was playing.

You realize that by posting all these anti-Al threads you are effectively becoming to Al what Diesel is to Marvin.

Don't go down to that level.

Quote:

but you certaintly have your fair share of anti-Al "posts."

Absolutely. I can't stand watching him....give up layups in transition because he is too lazy to get back on D, give up uncontested layups underneath the rim, holding the ball so long on offense...etc.

But the reality is that most of my anti-Al posts were before the trade deadline.

Since then I haven't posted about him much, and when I have it is usually just a dig at Diesel when he is dogging Marvin.

• Premium Member

We can get the schedule makers to give us 82 home games vs. Minny, we could be a 82 win team.

You do realize that Minny is 0-13 on the road?

I wouldn't make such a big deal out of beating Minny. I was glad to see the Joshes taking over!! I think both Joshes had good games. I still don't know why they didn't allow the Chillz superman dunk from the free throw?

Lue also played well.

However, telling was the fact that last year we beat Minny at home when the game didn't mean anything. I think that Minny is looking to move KG at the end of this season. For the 4th, they didn't even play him until the last 5 minutes of the 4th.. Personally, I hope he goes to the Knicks.. in a 3 way with Toronto...

Quote:

You do realize that Minny is 0-13 on the road?

I wouldn't make such a big deal out of beating Minny.

Qualifying a win. Funny but I remember when I questioned the Hawks wins against NY and Denver (when Denver was missing 5 of the top 7 players) you said:

Quote:

Look Exodus... It don't matter if we win because the other teams is busy watching drunken Monkeys make love on the big board... A win is a win is a win.

I don't care if we win because Dominique takes the other team to Magic City before the game... A win is a win.

I don't care if we win because BK pays the other teams to take it easy... A win is a win.

and

Quote:

It don't matter if we beat Mello and his Mama.. If she was wearing a Nuggets jersey... then it's still a win for the Hawks.

click

Another agenda post from Diesel, trying to downplay a win since it came without Al. Typical.

Really does not matter who it was against, or if we won...but how the kids played together...and provided plays when needed...it is simple we are a better team if we add bigs that can play D with the money that we would spend on Al...period.

Smoove, right now is a better player than Al. Maybe not better offensively just yet...but if I am picking a team and Smoove and Al are there I am taking the better b-ball player, Smoove.

Quote:

exodus should be a lawyer

LOL I am not sure how to take that.

I have a good friend who is an assistant DA in Clayton County. He is the most obnoxious, argumentative person I have ever known. He does it all with a smirk though, trying to be funny most of the time.

I definitely wouldn't want to be a defense lawyer arguing against him though. He has that type of charisma that can sway a jury, and he has a memory that is almost photographic.

Quote:

According to you, how many good players do the Hawks have?

I'm just saying I understand the frustrations with Al, but last night doesn't prove anything. In fact, the Hawks still gave 99 points and 50% shooting to a bottom 3 offensive team.

While Al is a big hole on defensive end, this game shows the problems go beyond him.

Of course the defensive problems go beyond him, thats why you don't spend money on Al when you can spend it on bigs who play D....any offense that Al provides can be replaced by Smoove and Marvin.

Just does not make sense for AL to be on this team.

Oh no, I agree with Hotts and Diesel on this one, if we can barely beat Minny at home without Al that still doesnt mean we'll be good next year. However if we get something to replace Al that is as good as Al but that fits better then we should improve significantly.