• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

I wonder how realistic having JT back next year

Admin

might be. After reading that Insider article about the upcoming FA's it might just be possible. Lets say that we could send Al to Dallas in exchange for JT in a SnT deal. Dallas could use Al to replace JTs scoring and for them likely losing Van Horn. JT would be perfect in the backcourt with JJ.

What do you guys think? Is it realistic? Wise?

I'd love to have him back but I have a question....

I know he is not small but he isnt a big PG either and BK likes the bigger players.

Then we would have 3 smaller, quicker PGs(JT, Lue, Salim) and only 2 big PG(Ivey, and Joe....if he can even be considered a PG)

Question is what is the price and is it worth it to us to pay JT that much? I think anything over the $8M a season that JT is making now would be hard for DAL to match. They may go up to $9M a season but I don't know. They are still going to have to pay Josh Howard at some point and they may see Devin Harris as their PG of the future. What would you be willing to pay JT?

I don't know. I didn't realize that he was already making 7.5 mil per. I would have guessed 5.5 .

I definitely think 10 mil per season would be more than I would be willing to pay. MAYBE 9 if we feel like JT/JJ is a set backcourt for years, and our youth movement is going to handle the 3 / (4?).

Obviously it depends on who we draft.

JT's a tough call

well, they are (most likely) going to lose VanHorn (to somebody, let's just pray it's not us)...

biggest concern with them is their new 'committment' to defense...Al doesn't fit well in that role though would certainly flourish with someone like Dirk consistently drawing double teams/ playing on the perimeter more...

Quote:

I don't think JT would come back on principle. Left here with a bad taste in his mouth?!

And was pretty insulting to the fans and franchise, as well. If he were to come back here, an apology would have to be the first thing he did!