• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

LaMarcus Aldridge has Declared

KB21

LaMarcus Aldridged Declares for the NBA Draft

Quote:

Three NBA player personnel directors told The News that Aldridge is a top-three pick in the upcoming NBA draft. The personnel directors said even though Aldridge struggled in his final game of the season – he went 2-of-14 from the field in an overtime loss to LSU – he could be the No. 1 pick in the draft.

The personnel directors said Aldridge needs to develop physically and become more aggressive. But they cited reasons why Aldridge would be among the top three players taken: a rapidly developing offensive game, an ability to run the floor, a desire to block shots and rebound and a strong overall feel for the game.

That's pretty much what I see and why I believe he will be a top three pick as well. The guy is simply too good offensively and defensively with too much potential to be passed on.

I'm not surprised, but I'm glad the suspense is gone. Aldridge knows he's not ready to make a major impact in the NBA, he just finished his first complete season after a potentially devestating injury, and he's a smart kid and a good student on a team with a chance to win it all next year. He said he wanted to stay, and I believe him. He knows that he almost HAS to go pro, and if nothing else it deepens the talent and gives us a better chance at getting someone good.

Lamarcus would help us a lot, he wouldn't make us contenders, but he can help.