• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks main need: PF or C?

Diesel

• Premium Member

Actaully Walt,

I think any strong defensive PF will make Zaza sufficient.

I think what has happened this year is Zaza is young, Zaza has been paired with Sfs trying to play PF... But once a true PF shows up, I think Zaza will not be a problem for us.

That's why I think we should trade for JO or KG (while they are available)..

I would also pick up Jackie Butler as insurance.

I got some encouraging news. I heard that NY is going to go balls to the wall for Speedy Claxton.. therefore they will offer him their MLE. If so, it should be easy for us to get Butler..

• Moderators

Quote:

I heard that NY is going to go balls to the wall for Speedy Claxton.. therefore they will offer him their MLE. If so, it should be easy for us to get Butler..

Thank goodness. They don't have any guards on that team. PG is a real hole for them.

• Premium Member

It's puzzling..

But I'm sure that they have some kind of trade worked out with their PGs. I think maybe some type of KG deal.

Anyway. There are definitely 2 camps in NY.

There's an Isiah camp and there's a Larry Brown camp. LB wants Speedy. I think Isiah will give him Claxton.

Quote:

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I heard that NY is going to go balls to the wall for Speedy Claxton.. therefore they will offer him their MLE. If so, it should be easy for us to get Butler..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank goodness. They don't have any guards on that team. PG is a real hole for them.

Seriously they are already spending $30 million a year on Marbury and Francis. Plus they drafted Nate.

Isiah is clearly nuts.

• Moderators

Quote:

There's an Isiah camp and there's a Larry Brown camp. LB wants Speedy. I think Isiah will give him Claxton.

I actually agree with that 100% Claxton is much more the type of PG that Brown likes. I don't know who they are going to trade Marbury or Francis for, though. Based on what Orlando was able to get for Francis, the market doesn't exactly look real hot for overpaid PGs who don't translate their talent into wins.

Quote:

Quote:

Ha, ha, ha, ha!

Wait, that means Isiah really WILL sign Claxton. The offseason is already looking good for us. smile.gif

• Premium Member

I know, maybe we need to look at acquiring a couple verterans. It is time the Hawks organization to give the fans something to cheer about. Continual loosing just breeeds negativity and I am wondering if the ownership is strapped by Belkin or if they just don't want to spend the money. Maybe one of the lowest payrolls is a financail decision instead of salary cap space. I've been around a long time and I just don't see the rebuilding process being much better than last year. Why not take the Joe Dumars approach and get players who fit the system, he didn't tear Detroit completely down and go with rookies. I hear talk all the time from squawkers that we are going to build a "champpionship team not just a playoff team", well they better get with it and bring in some more veterans.

Just my humble opinion!

Quote:

I hear talk all the time from squawkers that we are going to build a "champpionship team not just a playoff team", well they better get with it and bring in some more veterans.

Just my humble opinion!

I agree. Ever since Diesel's welfare mentality post I've stated that we're past the point in the building process of acquiring young talent and we're at the point now of acquiring leadership and proven producers. That's why I'm fine with the idea of resigning Al this offseason. That's why I've kept the same tune of acquiring a seasoned guy to run the point. With a bit of luck we will be able to get the next pieces to the puzzle this offseason (PG, C) and BK will show that the plan is going as expected.