• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Tough game to watch

exodus

Agreed.

We got man-handled. I almost felt like they were toying with us and letting us get back in the game just to give us false hope so that they could make the loss sting that much more when they decided to turn it on again. We had no answer for Dwight Howard. None.

Even with Zaza's DNP are we THAT far behind Orlando? We should not have been beaten that badly considering each team's roster. Brian Hill has done a great job with his roster. It seems Orlando had a great game plan for us as opposed to whatever we were trying to accomplish. Brian Hill puts his players in positions where they can make plays given their individual strengths. Woody does not understand this concept. We had a big mismatch with JJ against any of their guards. We never tried to isolate JJ or put him in the post. Our Offensive game plan seemed to be letting a player pound the ball into the floor until the shot clock was down to seven or less seconds whereby someone would then have to take on off balance jumper. Yes, Howard was the most talented player but this was a bad loss.

Quote:

Even with Zaza's DNP are we THAT far behind Orlando?

Yes. They have quality bigs and a big time pg. Remember that Nelson was the CPOY and it shows. I would say he is being underrated right now. They have the toughest positions filled.

Turgolu is no slouch either. And once Hill retires they will have a ton of money to spend on free agents. If they land a big time 2 like Vince or Pierce they could be title contenders in a hurry.

in rebuilding.

How long as Orlando been rebuilding? They've blown right passed Billy Knight and his great long athletic squad. Dwight Howard is going to chew up Marvin Williams and Josh Smith for years to come. And Nelson will be blowing past Joe Johnson.

Maybe Billy Knight took some notes when the Orlando express went by and will actually make some moves to get some natural players this offseason.

I hate Billy Knight and his crappy coaching staff.

Yep, and just 2 years ago they were even lower than the Hawks..Now they seem light years ahead of us in the growth curve..They filled the positions that most good teams are based on..Good bigs and good points...BK doesn't believe in that concept.

• Moderators

Quote:

BK doesn't believe in that concept.

It really ticked me off when BK passed on Dwight Howard to draft Childress and passed on Bogut to draft Marvin. Remember all the great bigs that have been available so far in the Hawks' drafts? None. Orlando got lucky and won Howard in the lottery - we didn't. Jameer is a help but so is Josh Smith (who the Hawks drafted over Nelson). I don't see why people think BK doesn't want a big man. The PG complaint I can understand a lot more since several quality PGs have been available to him.

I have it bad right now. When i watch other teams it is really glaring how badly the Hawks need a pg.

The rules change getting rid of the hand check has really benefitted quick pgs, giving them the freedom to get past people much more easily than they could years ago.

BK seems committed to a big backcourt at exactly the wrong time.