• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The prospect of having the 2nd shortest front line

Guest Walter

Guest Walter

Not only would we have a Sf in size and skill at Pf in Lascar's world but we would still be 2 1/5" shorter and 36 lbs lighter at the Pf and C positions than the average winning team in the NBA. PERIOD!

Quote:

Aldridge will bulk up. Smith is so much bigger than when he got here it's ridiculous.

I notice you left out Camby's weight. Smith-Aldridge would be pretty much a defensive clone of the KMart-Camby frontline, which more than handles its own on D, particularly on the inside (although obviously both have been injured).

If you think that a team's prowess is measured by height and weight, how about the fact that our backcourt is big and we should be able to take advantage of that in due time?

The bottom line is that height and weight don't determine how good you are, otherwise Al Harrington would do more on D than get out of the way.

I think it is a little premature to compare Aldridge to Camby defensively. Obviously Aldridge has talent and could approximate what Camby does but is unfair to expect him to be a top 5 interior defender.

I applaud the research but Josh Smith weighs 240 pounds not 225. And Aldridge isn't the tallest prospect we could get. That would be someone like Saer Sene or Andrea Bargnani. And let's say we are an average of 1 inch shorter than the average team. Whooptee freakin doo, does that mean anything?

Would Manute Bol make this team win? You don't just need size, you need talent. Josh Smith has NBA DPOTY potential if he works on his defensive positioning and learns when to go for the block and when to just contest the shot.

If we got someone like Saer Sene it would exponentially increase our interior D. If we got someone like Bargnani, although he is raw as a defender, the most important thing is that he actually has the desire to play D. Hell, you can't get minutes on his team if you don't play D.

Guest Walter

Quote:

I applaud the research but Josh Smith weighs 240 pounds not 225.
Quote:

Says who? If he weighs that much how much do O'Neal, Ben Wallace (listed as 245, right?), and a host of others really weigh? We have to use credible statistics consistent for every player when doing statistics or else there is no reason to compile statistics, right?

Quote:

Quote:

Hell, you can't get minutes on his team if you don't play D.

Are you sure about that? Because if so, how did Lue and Stoudamire get so many minutes this year?

What are you talking about? I'm talking about Bargnani's team in the Euroleague. He's been brought up with a defensive mentality because for the young players to get minutes they have to show a desire to play defense or they will get benched very quickly.

Quote:

My bad, I thought you said "this" team. Carry on.

No prob. BTW is everyone watching? The allmighty LA Clippers and their bigger Front court is losing right now.

Why? Boris Diaw is too quick for Kaman. Just like Josh Smith or Marvin Williams would be too quick for any 7 footer.

You don't need size you just need talent.