• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Well, we are definitely getting a top 7 pick, so..

Nicholasp27

If the Hawks have the 7th pick (which we aren't even guaranteed to have, we could be even worst) there should be 7 big men on that list.

1)LaMarcus Aldridge- Most pro potential. Could be the next JerMaine Oneal. Channing Frye at worst

2)Tyrus Thomas- Most explosive player in the nation even over Carney. This cat can absolutely jump out a gym and he actually uses that athleticism on the defensive side of the ball. Stromile Swift's size but the mentality of Ben Wallace.

3)Andrea Bargnani- It's very uncreative to compare European players to Dirk but the way this guy handles the ball like a SF and has the ability to drive and knock down the 3 leads me to believe he can be a poor man's Dirk within 3 years.

4)Yi Jianlin- This 7 footer is often referred to as baby Yao. He may not be 7'6 but he's extremely more athletic than Yao Ming. He was 2nd in a dunk contest to put things in perspective. He blocks shots and has a nice fadeaway jumper. He's rising up the boards fast.

5)Saer Sene- Speaking of rising up the boards fast. The guy I refer to as the African Dwight HOward raised his stock when he absolutely embarassed the top high school prospects in the nation in the Hoops Summit game for a total of 9 blocks. The 7 footer with the 7-8 wing span could be a bigger more athletic version of Dikembe Mutombo. No not the Mutombo on his last legs, but the one that had 3 All-NBA Defensive selections, 4-time defensive player of the year awards, and 7 all star appearances.

6)Sheldon Williams- His track record in college speaks for itself. Could he be the next Elton Brand?

7a)Josh McRoberts- More athletic teammate of Sheldon Williams who could easily have the best career out of all the Duke players if he lives up to his potential.

7b)Patrick O'Bryant- A true center at the next level. Great size and surprising athleticism.

I hate to speculate this much. Think positive the draft lottery is May 23, we could have the #1 pick and take whoever we want!

Charlotte beat us on the flip, big deal. It's great that we have as good a chance as them at getting in the top 3. We should have never been so close to even be in a position to get a coin flip opportunity with them.

I saw Diaz play against Tech and he is an impressive athlete. Not that it translates into a good pg. I think that will come in time. Lot of ups.

"Tiago Splitter may be the wild card. He draws a lot of comparisons to Pau Gasol, who was scouted and drafted by Billy Knight. If Billy sees the similarities, you can bet that Splitter will rate high if he's in. Probably in the 4-6 range."

I wager money that between now and the draft Splitter moves up. He is not as flashy on offense but has good defensive IQ . . . . something we need. If you read the blogs on him from overseas, they see him as a mature, strong kid. He could definately be an option in the 5-7 range.

I also like Cedric Simmons 6-10 233 PF/C NCSt. So if we trade down. BIG KID who could bring some muscle.

Quote:

If the Hawks have the 7th pick (which we aren't even guaranteed to have, we could be even worst)

No they can't have a pick lower than 7. They are currently 4th and the lottery is for 3 spots so that means only 3 teams can move ahead of the Hawks.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

If the Hawks have the 7th pick (which we aren't even guaranteed to have, we could be even worst)

No they can't have a pick lower than 7. They are currently 4th and the lottery is for 3 spots so that means only 3 teams can move ahead of the Hawks.

Yep. Can't be worse than 7th.

why everyone posting their 'trade down' thoughts don't include some variation of trading down while remaining in the top 15...yet somehow acquiring a pick for NEXT YEAR's draft, which will be deeper and one in which we likely WILL NOT HAVE a 1st rounder...

that's my 'motto' ~ with msot variations and permutations thereabouts...

Guest Walter

I put Morrison 4th, though he has a higher upside IMO than Aldridge, because he plays Sf. I have to include at least one Pg, thus Williams. Bargnani and Thomas are the only two with superstar potential. I choose Bargnani 1st. Aldridge is the only player that could play some center, thus despite his injury history and being punked by LSU, he's 3rd.

W

Guest Walter

Quote:

why everyone posting their 'trade down' thoughts don't include some variation of trading down while remaining in the top 15...yet somehow acquiring a pick for NEXT YEAR's draft, which will be deeper and one in which we likely WILL NOT HAVE a 1st rounder...

that's my 'motto' ~ with msot variations and permutations thereabouts...

What a draft that looks to be. I assume it will be so strong some who might otherwise come out will stay in a year more. We'll see.

W

Quote:

incorrect, there is NO WAY we can have worse than the 7th pick

we have the 4th slot; 3 teams could leapfrog us into the top 3, pushing us back to 7th, but that's it; only 3 teams are drawn for the lotto

again, there is NO WAY, ZERO PERCENT CHANCE, that we can have worse than the 7th pick

How big is this guy? Is he a BIG 7 ft. or skinny as

a rail?

How old is he?? Is he still a teenager?

Is he really good or did he just look good against some

kids?

Another D. Howard???

We missed once - Can this possibly be our pick???

That bunch of blocks sounds great, if they are legitimate.

Anyone here REALLY know anything about Saer Sene ???

confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

I watched him play in the USA vs. the World game where he played against some of this year's best incoming college freshmen. Is he the next D. Howard? Not likely. From what I remember, Sene was incredibly skinny with a freekishly long wingspan. I didn't get to watch alot of the game, but I did make a mental note about that guy when I saw him swatting shots everywhere.

Quote:

Quote:

incorrect, there is NO WAY we can have worse than the 7th pick

we have the 4th slot; 3 teams could leapfrog us into the top 3, pushing us back to 7th, but that's it; only 3 teams are drawn for the lotto

again, there is NO WAY, ZERO PERCENT CHANCE, that we can have worse than the 7th pick

Oh well I guess you learn something new everyday. BTW, I see that there is barely over a 1% chance that we land the 7th spot so we should be at least picking in the top 6.

Quote:

How big is this guy? Is he a BIG 7 ft. or skinny as

a rail?

How old is he?? Is he still a teenager?

Is he really good or did he just look good against some

kids?

Another D. Howard???

We missed once - Can this possibly be our pick???

That bunch of blocks sounds great, if they are legitimate.

Anyone here REALLY know anything about Saer Sene ???

confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

Well don't take my word for it, here is some good info on him:

http://nbadraft.net/profiles/mouhamedsene.asp

http://nbadraft.net/2004berlin001.asp

http://www.draftexpress.com/viewarticle.php?a=1263

http://www.draftexpress.com/viewarticle.php?a=1260

http://blogs.foxsports.com/JWatters