• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If we make a major move this summer do you think..

Wurider05

Guest Walter

There is current HS, college, and foreign talent already on the radar for next year and usually much more shows up during the season. I think trading next year's pick was a substantial mistake. Should have been the following year. In the very least BK could have demanded the pick be one additional year removed based upon Pheonix's poor position, our rebuilding time frame, and the strength of this upcoming draft.

W

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

It would be nice to fill our need and get a vet at the same time.

Maybe something Like:

Al and Marvin for JO.

or

Al and New pick for JO.

I think we can win with a Zaza, JO, Smoove frontcourt...

I still don't think that JO is the answer. If we are going overpay i wouldn't mind overpaying for a superstar who will atleast bring the fans out (ie Iverson). JO has too many years left on his contract. He probably will only make us marginally better if at all. He is not a franchise player.

• Premium Member

I think JO is a better fit than say Iverson.

I think JO is the type of player who could secure our frontcourt for years.

Zaza, JO, Smoove... The frontcourt is set.

JJ is still in the backcourt.

If you consider we could pickup a guy like ROY or Carney and make them our Sg...

We would be destined to challenge for the ECC in the next 2 years. The only thing that team would need would be depth and a defensive identity. I'm not talking about anything major there, just some BU PG who can come in like AJ for the Pacers and make things happen on the defensive end.

Grundy could be that guy.

But a guy like AI would take up too much of our team... All our players would have to learn to be complimentary. It's hard complimenting Iverson.... Plus, he's on the other side of the mountain in terms of his basketball life.

• Moderators

Quote:

I agree also, but I really can't see Indy sending him to us unless it's something like #4pick+Marvin+Harrington at least.

If that is it, then it is too much, IMO. However, if we can do it for Marvin and Harrington or Harrington, #4 pick and some lesser addition then I am still on board for that trade.

Quote:

...If that is it, then it is too much, IMO...

I dunno...we'd be giving up a guy we could lose to FAcy anyway, a guy whose position we already have covered by JS and can be backed up by JC...and a top level draft pick in a draft that is "iffy" for a guy who could solve our biggest problem...I think I'd do it.

That move plus picking up a backup big for depth and I think we'd have a pretty nice team next year.