• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks fans should watch the Indy/NJ series.

Diesel

• Premium Member

I think we can probably get Oneal if Indy proves that he doesn't make the difference for them.

He had 15 points.. and really was a none factor until the end of the game when they kept giving him the ball.

rj_fj_300_060423.jpg

Now that's a high JUMP...

I am, JO is the big man I want and the one BK needs to get his hands on. Indy drools over Harrington and I think if they offered us Harrington for Artest, then they would maybe accept a Harrington for O'neal SNT. If not we can get a third team involved to try to even out the deal. Either way I think it is realistic!!!

There is no way in hell. The only reason an artest for harrington deal was on the table is because

a) Ron Artest is certifiably crazy

b) Ron Artest requested a trade, forcing the Pacers to suspend him indefinitely, significantly lowering their bargaining power

Neither of those is the case with Jermaine O'Neal. Jermaine O'Neal is a perennial all-star, one of 9 players to average over 20ppg and 9rpg, one of the few high quality big men in the league, and also has a good head on his shoulders and is a great teammate. There are no real flaws to his game. He is a great defender, a star on offense with his back to the basket or facing the basket. He even shoots free throws well.

You don't get that caliber a player for a tweener forward who doesn't rebound much or play D. Al is a good scorer, but he has plenty of flaws. His scoring will go down when he's on a better team.

I would love to ge O'Neal here but you guys need to realize that it would take way more than O'Neal even if Indy were to somehow decide they want to trade Jermaine

Definitely. He's in the mold of a lot of the big guys these days like Duncan, Garnett, who play a lot of PF but could play center. It just depends on the talent you have around him. He's pretty much splitting time at the 4 and the 5 in Indy right now. He's definitely more of a center than Zaza is

• Premium Member

Actually,

It wasn't that big. I don't know how Frank is coaching this but JO didn't do anything special but it could have easily been Croshere out there doing the exact same thing and he would have gotten the exact same results the way that NJ played it. My guess is that NJ gets JO in foul trouble early again and instead of hoping that JO fouls out down the stretch, they will actually play some defense.

If he doesn't make a difference for them what makes you think that he can make a difference for us. I mean the playoffs is where you earn your money right. If he is coming up short as a pacer why would he all of a sudden be a megastar, clutch, jordan-like player. It is obvious that he is overpaid for what he brings to the table. I don't want him here for that money that he is making. No way.

• Premium Member

Well, we're a different team.

Indy doesn't have the second scorer Like JJ. Stephen Jackson is a good scorer but he doesn't know how to score and share the ball. Their saving grace is guys like Anthony Johnson.

However, we have Zaza. We have JJ. We have Smoove. This would be a naturally good core and we could look to JO to be the anchor. I think his role in Indy has changed too much. They have really learned to play without him and now integrating him back into their offense is simply clearing out and throwing him the ball. I don't think he's that kind of player.

The commentators in the game brought up the idea of KG to Indy for JO. If I am Indy and have the choice of KG or Al, I think I have to go with KG. If this idea is being floated between McHale and Bird, then you have to think this is what is going to happen.

I still would like JO, but if the trade market is KG, the Hawks really don't have anything to match that with.

• Premium Member

Oh...

I agree.

You can't deny that Indy would be getting an awesome deal if they traded JO for KG.

But there again it makes me ask this question...

What would be the purpose of Minny trading KG?

Save salary?

NO.

Better player?

NO.

Better rebuild?

NO.

I don't see this as being something that makes sense for Minny..