• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Johnny Bravo's Post Season Plan

Johnnybravo4

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. I want no part of James. The only way in which James is better than Lue is that he likes to put more shots up. Neither one plays D, both can handle the ball, shoot 3s, shoot big shots. Neither one is a true distributor.

Besides, Mike James has a really bad attittude and BK has clearly made an effort to stay away from those guys. The only one who's remotely close is Salim, and his attitude is overblown.

I mean hell, Mike James only speaks in the third person, who does that?

I mean as a player...they are roughly at the same talent level.

I would rather have Lue....

if we don't sign a vet PG, then Lue and JJ should start...I think the mistake we made with Lue is by him coming off the bench he felt like he had to dominate the ball and we ran too many pick and rolls...I like it we we move on offense abnd everbody touches it, when things break down...Lue or JJ can then create, shot clock at 10, nothing doing with the play, then break down the d with the dribble. We went to too much two man basketball early in the clock with Lue in the game.

But the Ivey thing became a little annoying after a while.

• Premium Member

But Stern doesn't like Atlanta.

I don't think he has liked us Since before Turner...

I think I remember an interview recently where he talked about liking owners who he felt were emotionally committed to the team.

Moreover...

Rod Thorn goes to NJ and NJ gets the first pick overall??

Quote:

I agree. I want no part of James. The only way in which James is better than Lue is that he likes to put more shots up. Neither one plays D, both can handle the ball, shoot 3s, shoot big shots. Neither one is a true distributor.

Besides, Mike James has a really bad attittude and BK has clearly made an effort to stay away from those guys. The only one who's remotely close is Salim, and his attitude is overblown.

I mean hell, Mike James only speaks in the third person, who does that?

I want some attitude on this team. We have way to many nice guys. Unassuming type players. I want sombody with some gonads.

Not only does Mike James put more shots up, but he shoots at a better percentage. He is a better distributor than Lue also. I think that he has a chip on his shoulder because he is probably the most improved player in the league and won't get acknowledged for it. They bitch about him in Toronto all of the time and I think that he would play with passion here.

In any event, he is the best FA point guard and he is better than all pgs available in this years draft. And he is a veteran.

• Premium Member

I agree. The only difference is that James has played about 13 more minutes per game and with so many youths playing in Toronto, James had more of a green light to take the shot.

But Lue was an 11 ppg PG and he shot just as high a 3 pt%..

Quote:

I think the correct answer is about 13 mpg and more shot attempts.

Like I said, he also shoots a higher FG percentage in those additional shots.

Lue could play 80 mpg and he wouldn't avg 20 pts 6 assists and 3 rebounds.

Also remember that although Mike James is 30 this is only his fourth year. I like the idea of self made men.

• Premium Member

I don't have a big problem with MIKE James outside of his turnover or lack of defense.

However, I don't think Mike James does that much more than Lue for us to consider dropping a contract higher than the MLE on him.

Honestly, I would rather drop league minimum on Grundy and let him and Lue platoon at the PG than to spend 6-7 million dollars per on James... for his "attitude" and his turnovers.

Lue could avg 20 points a game if he took a lot of shots....that little stop and pop jumper from 13-15 feet is money...he if took a lot of shots Lue would avg 20, especially if he has scoring options around him.....I think his high shot attempts in a game in his CAREER is only 20...Mike James prolly takes 20 shots while on the way to the arena.

Quote:

Trade Josh Childress for J.R. Smith

ABSOLUTELY

[censored]

HORRIBLE

there is a reason that NOKC wants to trade jr and a reason that chill is getting interest from other teams

also, chill is 10x the defender that jr is...jr is one dimensional...and a much less efficient scorer than chill and needs the ball in his hands much more to do ANYTHING

chill is a good player that will be 5x more valuable than jr smith during his career

not to mention, jr plays the 2, which is jj's position and chill can at least play multiple positions

and chill is a leader for our team, while jr is not

absolutely horrible

worse than your obsession over franchise-killer

Lol..you have got to be the only Childress defender on this board.

1st of all J.R. is a much better athlete, we can teach him defense.

2. NOK wants to get rid of J.R. because of Doc River's ego.

3. The reason I want him on this team is because of his ability to score, and in different ways. Childress can only score in two ways.

A. Wide open jumpers

B Stickbacks and fast breaks

He almost never gets scores off of pull up jumpers or drives to the lane. He is too slow to blow by twos or threes and is not strong enough to post up either.

He is an effort guy and I have no problem with that, but his game is so limited that it makes him expendable.

Well most of the criticism was about not needing J.R. and not keeping Childress. So If I changed it to Childress for say Wilcox...you probably wouldn't see the same backlash

But my rationale for J.R. is that we need a pure scorer to come off of the bench that isn't the defensive liability that Salim is because of height.