• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Johnny Bravo's Post Season Plan

Johnnybravo4

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- No thanks to Chill for JR. We need some heady players on the team. I don't even necessarily think JR has more talent than Chill. He is smaller too. The only thing I can see JR doing better than Chill is shooting off the dribble.

- No thanks to Mike James. I want a PG who brings smarts and ability to contribute without shooting. Speedy Claxton, Jarrett Jack come to mind. Claxton would be cheaper than James and Jack could possibly be had in trade for pretty cheap.

Quote:

- No thanks to Chill for JR. We need some heady players on the team. I don't even necessarily think JR has more talent than Chill. He is smaller too. The only thing I can see JR doing better than Chill is shooting off the dribble.

- No thanks to Mike James. I want a PG who brings smarts and ability to contribute without shooting. Speedy Claxton, Jarrett Jack come to mind. Claxton would be cheaper than James and Jack could possibly be had in trade for pretty cheap.

Sorry I don't want a 5'6 point guard and the third point guard on a team that sucks more than we do. I mean when did Jack become a pass first point guard in the first place?

And another thing, there has been no reports that Jack is even available.

• Premium Member

No...

Just do it in the open...

Give the people a list with all the combinations on it...

Bring out the popcorn popping lottery ball machine.

do the drawings live in front of the camera's GMs and all...

What you're saying is that the fans and GMs are forced to trust the integrity of an independent auditor...(It's not three independent auditors, it's 3 auditors from an independent firm).. I would rather not trust the integrity of an independent auditor because everybody lies.

and you're going to notice something that the team representatives, journalists, and auditors that are present don't? lol

Everyone knows it makes for much better TV the way they have it now, with all GM's there getting nervous as it's counted down from 16 all the way to 1

FIFA put theirs on international TV with transparent bowls and people still found a way to come up with conspiracies. People like you will always find a way

• Premium Member

The question still remains.

Why have a draft lottery anyway??? It doesn't stop teams from tanking their seasons. The only thing that it really does is give some level of control to the NBA in deciding who will get the top picks.

From my point of view a franchise that tanks a season will lose a lot more in the way of fan credibility than a team that does not.

The NBA keeps up this purposeless charade for only one reason. To dictate who will get the major advances and who will not.

Is it coincident that after Chicago broke up the Jordan/Pippen/Phil trio that they got screwed in the draft lottery.

Is it a coincident that as Jordan came back to basketball and as Thorn became a GM that thier respective teams won the draft lottery.... definitely beating the "odds".. Is it a coincident that Boston with 2 strong lottery positions and with Pitino taking over at coach got the biggest screwjob in history in the Tim Duncan sweepstakes.

It all seems very purposeless...

until you realize that this is the NBA's way of controlling the outcome...

• Moderators

Obviously, the reason for the draft lottery is to lower the incentive to tank games and to generally lessen the reward for losing. In practice it doesn't do this very much since the weighting of the lottery and order after the top 3 does provide an incentive to tank but that, IMO, is the true reason. I don't buy into the conspiracy stuff at all. Teams like Atlanta and Chicago would sue the #*$ out of the NBA if they thought they had reason to believe the NBA was pulling strings behind the scene.

But it does make you wonder though:

How in the hell does NYC get to draft Ewing?

What a coincidence that LA gets the best player over the last 10 years (Kobe) in a draft day trade for Vlade freaking Divac?

How did the Spurs, a playoff contender 2 years earlier, get to have the #1 pick and draft the second greatest player over the last ten years?

How is it that in the 1996 draft, the greatest draft of all time, we end up with the worst pick ever? Priest Lauderdale

It is crazy.

• Premium Member

Next year, when Oden and OJ Mayo comes out... Teams that have lottery picks positions... will tank after the break. Period. The Lottery doesn't do that job that it was constructed to do.

Therefore, the lottery is a purposeless JOKE...

UNLESS.. The lottery has another function.

Let's be totally honest here. I think there are other ways to stop teams from tanking games. Mainly, if a team is suspected of tanking games, they could be fined by the league. And I'm sure that there are many other things that can be applied..

But the draft lottery tends to hurt "truly bad" teams more than it stops tanking. Because Cleveland Successfully tanked to get Lebron James. There is no doubt in my mind. So there's no deterant to tanking.. IN fact, if the lottery is supposed to be the deterant it actually is giving the opposite effect.

So why have it?

As far as conspiracy.

The conspiracy is just the next logical step in the thought process.

If you have a system that you know fails to do what it is designed to do.. Why have the system? The answer is because there is some benefit to keeping the system...

I seriously doubt that it's because of the ratings that the NBA get for that one playoff game at halftime when they do the draft lottery. As a matter of fact, I betcha there's not more than 3 fans nationwide that can tell you what specific date the draft lottery will be without having to go to NBA.com

so...where's the benefit?

The only logical response to that is the NBA's control over who gets the best players.

• Moderators

Quote:

But it does make you wonder though:

How in the hell does NYC get to draft Ewing?

The lottery was not weighted that year. The Knicks had just as good a chance as anyone else.

Quote:

What a coincidence that LA gets the best player over the last 10 years (Kobe) in a draft day trade for Vlade freaking Divac?

???? What are you talking about? Anyone in the lottery could have drafted Kobe. Once Charlotte drafted him, Vlade was the best guy they could get for him. (Vlade was a well above average big man at that point). How in the world does that relate to a lottery conspiracy theory???? I don't get how that relates in any way to the draft lottery.

Quote:

How did the Spurs, a playoff contender 2 years earlier, get to have the #1 pick and draft the second greatest player over the last ten years?

They had the third worst record in the league. How is that supposed to be shocking?

If you want shocking look at Orlando's run - however, the conspiracy big market theories don't apply to either San Antonio or Orlando so I'm not sure how that fits.

Moreover, if you are going with a big market conspiracy theory how does the league not give Duncan to the Celtics? Boston is a huge media market and the Celtics are the NBA's most storied franchise. They had media darling Rick Pitino coming to coach the team and would have been bigger draws with Duncan than the Spurs. How does this make sense as a conspiracy theory?

Quote:

How is it that in the 1996 draft, the greatest draft of all time, we end up with the worst pick ever? Priest Lauderdale

It is crazy.

WTF? We had the second to last pick in the first round and the worst drafting GM in NBA history making the pick. That couldn't have been more predictable. The guys picked around him were Martin Muursepp, Jerome Williams, Brian Evans, PL, Travis Knight, Othella Harrington, Mark Hendrickson and Ryan Minor. You are acting like we should have gotten a stud with Babcock picking.

Quote:

Because Kobe said he'd play in Italy before playing for any team but the lakers.

If you're going to have half baked conspiracy theories at least get the facts right

Edit: Didn't see your last post

Quote:

I bet the Knicks end up with Oden.

If they get the top pick, chicago gets to take it

You should have seen it around here 2 years ago when Diesel guaranteed that Stern was going to reward the hawks with the top pick, and for sure a top 3, and that he'd stop all conspiracy talk if they didn't. We all know he doesn't keep his word though.

Quote:

...As far as conspiracy.

The conspiracy is just the next logical step in the thought process...

Gotta agree with Deisel on this one - conspiracies are everywhere (they're in vogue in the seats of power). Why trust the future to chance when it can be manipulated behind closed doors?

No matter how cynical you are your aren't cynical enough.

As I've said before: "If you smell flowers you shoud immediately look around for a casket" smirk.gif