• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Johnny Bravo's Post Season Plan

Johnnybravo4

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually the 4th spot is cursed thread made me think, it does not even compare to the #1 spot. The 4 spot you are more likely to move up or stay the same, the #1 spot you almost always move down. Very few teams that finish with the worst record actually get the #1 pick.

Quote:

Actually the 4th spot is cursed thread made me think, it does not even compare to the #1 spot. The 4 spot you are more likely to move up or stay the same, the #1 spot you almost always move down. Very few teams that finish with the worst record actually get the #1 pick.

yup. when you're at the top, you can only move down.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

And the 13th spot is blessed because you can only move up! laugh.gif

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

And the 13th spot is blessed because you can only move up! laugh.gif

I think probably around pick 6 or 7 the lottery can only be a good thing for your team, but yeah, at 13 you have absolutely nothing to lose.

• Premium Member

I don't know weather to LOL or ROFLMA or shake my head?

You don't think that the worst team in the league should get the top pick???

Why Not?

In other words, you're saying that you don't believe in balance? Is that true??

When your truck has a tire going flat, a second one that could use a little air.. do you stop at the air station and put more air in the tires that don't need air and then just drive off?

Please explain to me why you feel that the top pick shouldn't go to the league's worst team?

Why is Chicago more deserving of the #1 pick than Portland?

• Moderators

Quote:

I don't know weather to LOL or ROFLMA or shake my head?

You don't think that the worst team in the league should get the top pick???

Why Not?

In other words, you're saying that you don't believe in balance? Is that true??

When your truck has a tire going flat, a second one that could use a little air.. do you stop at the air station and put more air in the tires that don't need air and then just drive off?

Please explain to me why you feel that the top pick shouldn't go to the league's worst team?

Why is Chicago more deserving of the #1 pick than Portland?

I don't think any of the worst teams in the league who usually got quite as bad as they were by quitting or tanking games or through injuries are more deserving of the #1 pick than one another. I do think that a team that barely misses the playoffs is clearly less worthy than one of the worst teams to get the #1 pick but I am comfortable with the fact that the lottery is weighted and that this disparity in worth is reflected in the many times greater chance that Portland has to land the #1 pick.

Personally, I don't think the Hawks are inherently less deserving of the #1 pick this year than they were last year.

• Premium Member

It's documented.

In the last 10 years, the worse team in the league has missed out on the top pick 90% of the time.

Just look at the re-occurance of the same bad teams to the lottery.

Let's take our own history.

In the past 3 years, we have finished with the 4th worst record, the worst record, and the 3rd (tied) worst record. We have drafted 6th, 2nd, and ??? (likely 5th) in those times.

Each time, we have missed out on a star player who could have made the difference in our team.

Meanwhile a team like Milwaukee who was bad only by virtue of injury gets the top pick in the draft instead of us.

Teams like Dallas, Orlando, Chicago have all picked ahead of us.

The system is made to keep the worst teams from having the best pick. It's working. IN the process, the league loses balance. 3 years in a row in the top half of the lottery...

and as the draft becomes weaker and weaker... We will never be able to do what just about every championship team has done. Build a champion through the draft.

Jordan, Hakeem, Bird, Magic, Isiah, Shaq... were all 1,2, or 3 draft picks..

If we're always being bypassed, we will never build anything of value.

For that reason, I say let the worst teams have the best pick.

It was a travesty that a team with David Robinson was able to draft Tim Duncan...

I think this year it doesn't mean as much because this is one of the weakest draft years... BUT next year and the year after.... It will mean the whole world because the right player can make a dynasty for 12-15 yrs.

Quote:

Quote:

Nene? He isn't going anywhere. We are better off waiting to the off-season next year which is probably the biggest off-season ever.

a) Denver doesn't wanna pay Nene, thus he is going somewhere...hopefully to us, maybe somewhere else

b) last year people said this year would be the biggest...and the year that we dumped sar/theo, people said we did it one year early, as last summer would be the biggest...every year people say this and every year they say it again...

NO you dont' understand, Next year really is the biggest.

See for yourself:

http://www.hoopsworld.com/article_13008.shtml

Lebron James

Dwayne Wade

Carmelo Anthony

Vince Carter

Luke Ridnour

Chris Bosh

Dirk Nowitzki

Antwan Jamison

Jerry Stackhouse

Chauncey Billups

Chris Kaman

Mike Bibby

Jamaal Magloire

Leandro Barbosa

Boris Diaw

Jalen Rose

PJ Brown

Rashard Lewis

TJ Ford

Travis Outlaw

Josh Howard

Malik Rose

Pat Garrity

Mo Peterson

Darko Milicic

Nick Collison

Raef LaFrentz

Eduardo Najera

Maurice Taylor

Jonathan Bender

Easily the best free agency of all time.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Nene? He isn't going anywhere. We are better off waiting to the off-season next year which is probably the biggest off-season ever.

a) Denver doesn't wanna pay Nene, thus he is going somewhere...hopefully to us, maybe somewhere else

b) last year people said this year would be the biggest...and the year that we dumped sar/theo, people said we did it one year early, as last summer would be the biggest...every year people say this and every year they say it again...

NO you dont' understand, Next year really is the biggest.

See for yourself:

http://www.hoopsworld.com/article_13008.shtml

Lebron James won't be a FA

Dwayne Wade won't be a FA

Carmelo Anthony won't be a FA

Vince Carter probably won't be a FA

Luke Ridnour

Chris Bosh won't be a FA

Dirk Nowitzki won't be a FA

Antwan Jamison

Jerry Stackhouse

Chauncey Billups won't be a FA

Chris Kaman

Mike Bibby

Jamaal Magloire

Leandro Barbosa

Boris Diaw

Jalen Rose

PJ Brown

Rashard Lewis

TJ Ford

Travis Outlaw

Josh Howard

Malik Rose

Pat Garrity

Mo Peterson

Darko Milicic

Nick Collison

Raef LaFrentz

Eduardo Najera

Maurice Taylor

Jonathan Bender

Easily the best free agency of all time.

All the guys I reference above will be given extensions prior to the FA period. This class will be very good but won't look nearly as good as you are trying to make it out to be.

exactly, and when you remove the unimpressive players and Bender who's retiring, it lessens. And then consider the age of some of the players looking for 5-6 year deals. Even a guy like Magloire at only 29 is looking to get paid the max through age 35

Antwan Jamison - will be 31

Jerry Stackhouse - will be 32

Chris Kaman

Mike Bibby -29

Jamaal Magloire - 29

---------

Luke Ridnour

Boris Diaw

Jalen Rose - 33

PJ Brown - 37!

Rashard Lewis

TJ Ford

Josh Howard

Mo Peterson

Darko Milicic

Eduardo Najera

So yeah you have a handful of impact players, most of whom are getting old. Some might be restricted too I'm not sure. It should be a good free agency, nothing insane though.

Ok so some of those players are old but how can you say Bosh is guaranteed to re-sign. Toronto is not the greatest place to stay nor are they that great a team. If we threw max money at him in a year I'm sure that would be pretty tempting.

Not like Lebron who's playing in his hometown with everyone having "witness" shirts.

And Luke Ridnour would be awesome here.

• Moderators

Quote:

Ok so some of those players are old but how can you say Bosh is guaranteed to re-sign. Toronto is not the greatest place to stay nor are they that great a team. If we threw max money at him in a year I'm sure that would be pretty tempting.

He just said he would resign this offseason last week.

Quote:

Bosh, 21, told reporters Thursday that he intends to negotiate a long-term contract extension with Toronto in the off-season. "I will gladly come back," Bosh said. "[Given] the direction we are taking, I have the chance to be the leader of a promising young team that can really be a solid competitor."

Bosh met Thursday morning with Raptors president and general manager Bryan Colangelo and head coach Sam Mitchell and was told they plan to do everything possible to keep him in the fold.

"We had to impress upon him that he's a huge part of the future of this organization, that he deserves to be treated as a big part of the future," Colangelo said. "He's proven himself as a quality player but, more importantly, he's proven himself as a quality person.