• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Damn Damn Damn Damn

tmac13

Quote:

I think things will be a lot more different once we get a defensive Big PF.

Agreed - that's why I'm a little concerned about drafting Bargnani. If we would be expecting him to come in and be a real tough power forward we might be disappointed. I realize the European teams have generally caught up to the NBA skill-wise, but I don't think they have when it comes to physicality. Most analysis' say Bargnani is a good defender, but he might have trouble going up against a real NBA PF every game.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

No JT or Diaw aren't guys you build around, they are guys that are pieces of the puzzle..You NEED role players..You need guys that compliment your stars

You need Lettuce and Tomato on a hamburger, but if you had to trade them for the beef patty, you'd do it in a heartbeat.

In the NBA, you win with leaders with star power. Role players are what sometimes turn a solid team into a championship contender. They don't lead a team.

Quote:

We have traded away or just let go of useful players for very little in return and left gaping holes that have yet to be filled..JT, Diaw, Nazr and Pryz to name a few..

We did that to clear salary to sign other guys and get bad to get better picks. I wish we'd signed Pryz, but I don't regret not paying JT and Nazr. What I do regret is that winning streak at the end of the 2003-2004 season. The high draft picks haven't turned out as well as we would've liked, but that was the gamble. We had little to lose with our team full of high-salaried losing players. JJ, however, has been what we wanted him to be. He and the young guys we have give us hope of returning to the playoffs. JT, Nazr, SAR, Ratliff gave us no hope.

I like Diaw a lot, and I wish we still had him. He is the MIP deservedly. I wouldn't trade PHX JJ back for the picks and Diaw, though.