• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Boris embarassing Billy Knight and Mike Woodson

Quote:

Childress can start as much as Iguodala can. They both are great backups / average starters. The only reason one is starting and the other isn't is our surplus of forwards. Chill would be starting in Philly

The numbers don't suggest that Childress is even a decent starter... He can't defend starter players at all. If Childress was good enough to start he would be. The forwards on the team isn't why Childress isn't a starter... If he was good enough to start, he would be in the starting lineup instead of Royal Ivey.

Joe Johnson would be starting at PG. Wasn't that the original brillant plan of Billy Knight anyway? Josh Childress to really be effective seems to need to play againest backups or tired starters.

Childress would go to Phoenix right now and avg. 18 and 10...then would he be a six man? What Chills does on this team is really no indication of how talented he is. Unfortunately we may never see how much talent we have, as it may leave before Woodson learns how to coach or is fired.

Quote:

Childress would go to Phoenix right now and avg. 18 and 10...then would he be a six man? What Chills does on this team is really no indication of how talented he is. Unfortunately we may never see how much talent we have, as it may leave before Woodson learns how to coach or is fired.

Lack of speed isn't something Woody has any effect on... Childress would NOT averaging 10RPG in Phx.

Yes, I didn't see many Hawks games this year... But the things I saw in Childress rookie year is that he doesn't have much in the way of handles, speed, and he's not somebody you can count on as a true scoring option. He

gets some good hustle baskets and he has the ability to

take advange of a sitution if he gets it.

In other words, his basketball IQ will get him some baskets to go along with the hustling. But you can't give him the ball and expect to have results.

Childress isn't a bad player and doesn't suck.. I may say otherwise when I'm angry. But truthfully he isn't an awful player, but he isn't 6th pick in the draft worthy either.

People here thought Boris was slow and couldn't score also, people like you, now you are saying BK sucks for trading Boris.....

All I am saying is you don't know as much about these youngs guys as you think u do.

I don't think any of us really knows how talented these young players are and will be.

I bet if you plug Chills and Salim in Phoenix

or

J Smith in San Antonio

or

JJ next to Wade in Miami

or

ZZ in Dallas

or

Marvin at the SF with the Clippers

Fans like u would jump off bridges once they see the talent we had.

I think it makes BK look good--before people used to point to Boris and say that BK couldn't draft because Boris sucks. Now people are saying BK is dumb because he let Boris go. Personally, I think it means BK can draft--he got Boris with the 21st pick, Smoove with the 17th pick, and Salim in the second round. Not bad.

Come on, Iggy and Deng are both much better players..Iggy will someday win a dpoy award, and Deng is just solid..Both guys are better offensive players..Chillz isn't bad, but BK had a choice of Iggy, Deng, and Chillz, and he choose wrong..

Borris has played the 4/5 all season..He has done it too well for it to be considered a fluke..Say all you want about Nash, but Nash isn't getting Borris assists and rebounds..Nash isn't helping Borris play good defense in the post..I don't see why it is so hard for people here to admit that Woody blew it with Diaw..Phoenix found his place where we couldn't..

Quote:

I think it makes BK look good--before people used to point to Boris and say that BK couldn't draft because Boris sucks. Now people are saying BK is dumb because he let Boris go. Personally, I think it means BK can draft--he got Boris with the 21st pick, Smoove with the 17th pick, and Salim in the second round. Not bad.

There was little gamble in taking Josh Smith at 17th... He's the hometown guy and was at one time projected to be a top 5 pick or somewhere in there. Salim wasn't a bad pick, but drafting Eddie House II isn't anything to completely praise him for either.

It's about putting a team together. That's the part where Billy has looked bad.

Quote:

People here thought Boris was slow and couldn't score also, people like you, now you are saying BK sucks for trading Boris.....

All I am saying is you don't know as much about these youngs guys as you think u do.

I don't think any of us really knows how talented these young players are and will be.

I bet if you plug Chills and Salim in Phoenix

or

J Smith in San Antonio

or

JJ next to Wade in Miami

or

ZZ in Dallas

or

Marvin at the SF with the Clippers

Fans like u would jump off bridges once they see the talent we had.

If you plug Salim in PHX you might get the same results.. Although Salim might be abit more of a ball hog actually.

"

JJ next to Wade in Miami"

Everybody knows JJ is a second option, so what does this matter?

• Moderators

Quote:

"

Hopefully, someone will finish with more unassisted game winners next season than our "second option." Didn't happen this year.

Quote:

Come on, Iggy and Deng are both much better players..Iggy will someday win a dpoy award, and Deng is just solid..Both guys are better offensive players..Chillz isn't bad, but BK had a choice of Iggy, Deng, and Chillz, and he choose wrong..

I don't think so. I thought Iggy was better at all star break, I don't think that anymore. Iguodala will never win a defensive player of the year award. He is maybe a slightly better defender than Chill but not by much. Chill does all the little things better than those guys. I don't like Deng's game at all. Didn't like it pre-draft, still don't. His whole game is him being athletic and having long arms, he doesn't seem to have much basketball IQ.

At this point in time I wouldn't trade Chill for either.

• Moderators

Quote:

Iguodala will never win a defensive player of the year award.

Agreed. I would bet against him even being a top 3 contender for it. Perimeter players have to be so good to win that award - it is a high standard for anyone.

Quote:

Quote:

"

Hopefully, someone will finish with more unassisted game winners next season than our "second option." Didn't happen this year.

I've very much aware that 21/5/3.5 47% shooting players don't grow up trees. But JJ is overpaid and such as for a second option guy. I guess the fans have got to get over it now as it is what it is.

But it's frustrating to see him play so well for the Suns. JT doesn't really bother me so much. He's the same player he was in Atlanta.

Quote:

what would you think of Jamison? or any of the other people listed
here
, all of whom are paid more than JJ (currently listed at 12 million)...he's not even in the top 30 for the league...

It doesn't matter about every else. Moreover, you got to include giving up 2 first round picks plus a decent player.

It's crazy.