• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

New Mock on Fox Sports

massaf1

• Moderators

Quote:

Yes and one of his non-concensus views has been that he's not worried about getting a point, we need big men. He wouldn't pass on the top big man.

I agree that he wouldn't pass on a big man. I wouldn't stake my health on him choosing Aldridge over Sheldon Williams, Bargnani, etc. but I would bet a lot of $$ on BK choosing one of those guys over any of the PGs in this draft.

• Moderators

Quote:

agreed. I feel very confident that Aldridge,Bargnani,Thomas are likely to be his top 3 in some order, with Splitter and Shelden maybe also.

I really hope we don't get Thomas or Shelden but who knows.

I think so, too, but I didn't have Childress in my expected top 6 two years ago and was very surprised when that pick was read off so I am not going to claim to have BK's top 4 set in stone or anything (not that I am saying that you or anyone else are making that claim either).

• Moderators

Quote:

true. I just think he's made it excessively clear that we're going big. Seeing us draft Patrick O'Bryant at #4 would shock me less than seeing us draft a PG if Aldridge and other quality bigs are on the board.

Agreed - although that would still be a huge shock for me as of today!!

If there is truth in this mock, isn't this good news?

It means that the three teams above us want someone different than who we want. Also, if we move up to a top 2 selection, would someone trade up with us to get Morrison or Thomas? What if we get a future 1st plus the #4 or #5 in exchange for the 1st pick overall?

Quote:

Thats what I was thinking FQ. If it were to play out that way we would surely be looking at Aldridge.

Maybe we'll get lucky with the ping pong balls this year and it won't matter.

I'm guessing they had "Mario Williams" on the original mock. They've changed it to "Marcus" now, I guess.

Yeah, Marcus Williams at 4 is quite a reach. I think he was projected around 15-20 in the march mock drafts. Whenever a guy shoots up the boards (Keyon Dooling, anyone?) like that, it makes me nervous about him.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Thats what I was thinking FQ. If it were to play out that way we would surely be looking at Aldridge.

Maybe we'll get lucky with the ping pong balls this year and it won't matter.

If the pick is this bad for us, though, how much truth can there be?

Guest Walter

...but if the bigs are gone, I can see Gay over anybody. Another swing (especially a "quiet", little impact one like Gay) scares the living Sh!t out of me.

W